Brainstorm - who would you like see "Do the Gopher"

Rescooter

Section 243
Reaction score
I have been very hard on the Marketing Department, but they have something really good with the "Do the Gopher" dance. It's fun, easy, and well branded. Three elements that make for a successful end of third quarter break. The student section and the whole stadium really get in to it. Even the Blue Hairs in my section are doing it.

Just to help them out a bit (as if they need us), who would you like to see in the future "Do the Gopher"?

For starters: Bill Murray.

Fun thread but Id rather brainstorm on how to get the team on the field before the game with a little excitement.

Video...silence.....silence....garage door.....yeah.

Fun thread but Id rather brainstorm on how to get the team on the field before the game with a little excitement.

Great idea! It would build anticipation.

The parachuters last week were cool on paper, but didn't hit the mark. Too much going on at the same time.

It would help by having more than a half full stadium at the point of the team entrance. I've never seen a place quite like it. Kickoff is 11:06am and at 10:58 when the team hits the field for its entrance, there are 20,000 people in the stands and about 20,000 people on the sidewalks outside. It ain't that hard. Arrive early.

I hope they hit up Pearl Jam while they were here.

I have been very hard on the Marketing Department, but they have something really good with the "Do the Gopher" dance. It's fun, easy, and well branded. Three elements that make for a successful end of third quarter break. The student section and the whole stadium really get in to it. Even the Blue Hairs in my section are doing it.

Just to help them out a bit (as if they need us), who would you like to see in the future "Do the Gopher"?

For starters: Bill Murray.

Just one person, and one person only: .........................DR DON!!!!!!

Kate Upton. In her bikini.

On a side note I thought the sky divers were awesome (a little poorly timed) but man was it impressive when the two guys with the flag attached went into that dive. They were falling and spinning so fast not sure how they kept it together.

I think they just have to time it out better with the team's entrance. They did an excellent job of this for the first game. Immediately following the video, the team was ready to go and the door opened. Personally, I love the video. It gets me jacked up, especially the bits and pieces of Coach Kill's speeches.

Tony Dungy
Eric Decker & Jessie James
Flip Saunders
Prince
Brock Lesnar
Lindsey Vonn, with special guest appearance from Tiger Woods

Bob Dylan is going to be in town on Nov. 4, maybe they can snag him.

If by some miracle Gameday comes here, get Corso to do it.

Kate Upton. In her bikini.

On a side note I thought the sky divers were awesome (a little poorly timed) but man was it impressive when the two guys with the flag attached went into that dive. They were falling and spinning so fast not sure how they kept it together.

I think the team was late getting out to the field. You would never have anyone running onto the field while skydivers are landing. That's just plain dangerous. In years past, the skydivers have arrived during the national anthem to deliver the flag, and also to make sure no one is running onto the field while they are landing.

So my educated guess is that the team was late coming onto the field.

Vince Vaughan would.do it in a heartbeat. Ex U guy.

Vaughn is not an "ex U guy." He was born in Minnesota, but raised in Illinois. He reportedly attended a game at the Dome during the Brewster era, but that's the only time I've ever seen him affiliated with the Gophers.

Bob Dylan would be great.

Go Gophers!!

Kate Upton? Dahm Triplets.

My favorite of these was J Robinson when he just stood there with his arms crossed like a boss.

Prediction: Molitor gets hired this week. Does the Gopher on Nov. 8

Little Dick Pitino, Lucia, and Kill, side by side.

Typing Pitino made me think, any chance we could get the elder Pitino to do it with his son?

The break between the third and fourth quarter is pretty dang good. The "Gopher" and its introduction are becoming a good tradition but it is short enough to avoid becoming stale. The rest is a mix of old and new and it always seems to work.

Perhaps most importantly, the team can now be counted on to still be in the game at that juncture. The atmosphere is building.

Question... Is the Lion King baby segment a TCF Bank Stadium invention, or is it a knock off (like the kiss cam)? Either way, it is fabulous. It would be extra special if it was "our" invention.

Rick Harrison from Pawn Stars has worked with Kill on national epilepsy foundation. Bring on Chumlee!

Top Bottom