Votes: 10 6.1%
  • 9-3 (6-2) and a bowl win

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • 10+ wins

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters

mcal24

Reaction score
Given the fact we are atop the West and 6-1 (3-0) at the moment, what do we need to do for you to be satisfied with the season?

I say 8-4 plus a bowl game win. Anything more is gravy.

Here's how I would rank possible finishes. I'm not taking into account the bowl game:

7-5: C+/B- (Disappointing)
8-4: B (Content but shouldn't be seen as a "success" by the team)
9-3: B+/A- (Success)
10-2: A (Build Jerry's statue)

Given the fact we are atop the West and 6-1 (3-0) at the moment, what do we need to do for you to be satisfied with the season?

I'm going 9-4 (with a bowl win). However, this team will make me believe anything.

I said 9-3 (6-2) with a bowl loss. I guess I didn't factor a possible BT championship game, but I would be thrilled with this season if we had 6 Big Ten wins regardless of postseason.

Philosophically, I always struggle with what extent expectations should change through the year. At the start of the year, I figured 8-4 would be holding serve (same record with TCU added but an easier Big Ten schedule, but I would take it if we got a couple of trophies), and 9-3 would be nice improvement. However, if we got into the final stretch of OSU, Wisconsin, and Nebraska with an 8-1 record, and then lose all three, I would feel like we squandered a great opportunity (especially against a vulnerable looking Wisconsin team).

9 wins. Need to improve on last year.

1. Win all trophies; 2. If not 8-4 with a bowl win. Winning all trophies trumps bowl victory.

9 wins total, including the bowl game. I would prefer to take down Nebraska, OSU, or Wisconsin, but I'll settle for a bowl win instead and still call the season a success.

I don't think its "all" about wins and loses. Granted I do like to win but Kill brings more to the table than that. He teaches boys to become men. This is a very difficult task that is WAY underrated. Do you think the FL St QB would be seeing the field if he was here?????? This nation needs more men like Kill and his staff.

9-3 with a Bowl loss. I really want to see six Big Ten wins. We haven't done that since 1974 I believe.

8-4 would be a success in my book, and quite frankly it doesn't matter how we do in the bowl (ok, well a 55-0 loss in a bowl would change that opinion, but you get the point). While my expectations have certainly gone up with every game since the TCU loss, I still defer to preseason expectations when I'm looking at how "successful" the season is. The common phrase back then was "Minnesota can be better this year but still have a worse record than last year." This was before we knew how good TCU is (and how bad Michigan is), but I still feel the same way. Going 8-4 this year would be more impressive than last year. If we are able to take care of Illinois and Iowa, but then lose the rest, I would still view the season as successful. We're noticeably better than we were last year, and the momentum we've built can do nothing but help recruiting.

I believe the gophers will win more games…but I already believe this season has been a success…they got THE JUG, they qualified for a bowl, they came back when they were down at halftime, they have a 1000 yard rusher and they have had more B1G POWs than I can remember. Success already…now let's put the whipped cream on top...

Like many, I've had to recalibrate my expectations (originally 7-5 for this year, with 4-4 in conference). I'd say 8-4 is still a success, even with losing 3 of the last 4.

Of course getting to Indy for a Championship game in at any conference record from here on out will have me calling this season a success, at least on a relative basis compared to our peers in the West.

8-4 would be a success in my book, and quite frankly it doesn't matter how we do in the bowl (ok, well a 55-0 loss in a bowl would change that opinion, but you get the point). While my expectations have certainly gone up with every game since the TCU loss, I still defer to preseason expectations when I'm looking at how "successful" the season is. The common phrase back then was "Minnesota can be better this year but still have a worse record than last year." This was before we knew how good TCU is (and how bad Michigan is), but I still feel the same way. Going 8-4 this year would be more impressive than last year. If we are able to take care of Illinois and Iowa, but then lose the rest, I would still view the season as successful. We're noticeably better than we were last year, and the momentum we've built can do nothing but help recruiting.
Would we still have that recruiting momentum and everything 8-4 record, meaning we likely lose 3 of 4 to end the season?

I agree completely. We need to win 2 of the November games with iowa and Bucky as our best hope

Pig and Axe. Accept no less.

8 wins.. I like how everyone now changes there thoughts from the beginning of the season

I want to see Coach Kill sitting at his table for 2015 B1G Media Days, with his arms crossed and a big ol' grin on his face.

On the table are the Bell, Jug, Floyd, and the Axe.

Let's see if those reporters ask about his health this time around.

10-3 with bowl win. I don't know if this is Kill's "chance" to take a program to the next level. Mason had his chance in 2003 and fell just short.

Let's take the next step as a program and at least win two of the final 4.

Top Bottom