Can we take a second and admire Santoso's sense of style?

Gopher07

Captain of Awesome
Reaction score
Now THAT is a shirt.

plJ7mMJ.jpg

They interviewed him during the post game and he came across as pretty witty and very confident. That is quite the shirt though. Would be nice to see him get back to depositing kicks in the back of the endzone but at least he is hitting most of his field goals and he absolutely drilled that 52 yarder to take the lead. He has the look of being a very solid kicker for the next few years.

How different we would have felt about him had he not nailed that 50 yarder. Probably would have sounded like this

"Cant get it to the endzone, can't make extra points, stupid freshman kicker!"

Sports.

They interviewed him during the post game and he came across as pretty witty and very confident. That is quite the shirt though. Would be nice to see him get back to depositing kicks in the back of the endzone but at least he is hitting most of his field goals and he absolutely drilled that 52 yarder to take the lead. He has the look of being a very solid kicker for the next few years.

Send a note to the coaches because he's doing that on purpose. The feeling must be that the Gophers can put them inside the 25. Seems to be working out okay.

Send a note to the coaches because he's doing that on purpose. The feeling must be that the Gophers can put them inside the 25. Seems to be working out okay.

In his interview after the game, he claimed it was mechanics.

Agreed. This is obviously a stategy to kick it high and as close to the goal line as possible. I would rather the other team consistantly start between the 15 and 20 than at the 25.

Also, notice how every kick is to the left side near the goal line. I hardly doubt this is accidental.

He is according to the guys over at Gopher Illustrated and Scoggins at the Strib.

i'll take coach kill's knowledge of the situation. kill has said the last two weeks that they are working through it and they want him kicking through the end zone again.

i'll take coach kill's knowledge of the situation. kill has said the last two weeks that they are working through it and they want him kicking through the end zone again.

Good luck with that. Heard him after the first game it happened and he said it was on purpose. Then on Sid's show said it wasn't. Guessing he wants to keep the opposition off-balance.

It certainly has worked here.

Good luck with that. Heard him after the first game it happened and he said it was on purpose. Then on Sid's show said it wasn't. Guessing he wants to keep the opposition off-balance.

It certainly has worked here.

Seems pretty simple to me. If he can blast it through the endzone every time you do it. Even if you are confident in your coverage unit if you can eliminate the opportunity for a game changing kick return, like say what Myrick did to Northwestern, you do it. He indicated in the postgame that he is not getting the same power he was earlier in the year which is probably why they are focusing on kicking to the corner. If he gets back to a point where he can hit them like he was early in the season I have no doubt they will go back to having him kick it through the endzone.

-Superman-1978-superman-35210463-200-200.jpg
It what seemed like another awkward interview with Sid on the old neighbor Sunday morning, Ryan teased that we have good STs and he wanted to give them a chance. Then it could have been the real reason/s, or still being coy, he said there were a few things he needed to work on, and/or that it could be mid-season legs?
Nice kid, lots of “yes, sir”, “no sir” stuff… handled Sid really well, very polite and loves it here for the opportunities the cities have to offer, his teammates, and the fans.

"Kill said that Field Goal could have been good from 65 yards"

Yeah, sounds like a tired leg...

I guess you ignored the rest of the interview then. Not surprised.

I guess you ignored the rest of the interview then. Not surprised.

Yeah, but Flatfoot already covered the great Special Team coverage. As long as you're doing your research, it 's surprising that you haven't come across Kill talking about how they were doing it on purpose too?

My first post on GH............long time reader...........but this is beyond my power of resistance.

CAN SOMEONE....ANYONE.......PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET THAT T SHIRT????

Yeah, but Flatfoot already covered the great Special Team coverage. As long as you're doing your research, it 's surprising that you haven't come across Kill talking about how they were doing it on purpose too?

He is absolutely kicking high and to the corner on purpose. However the reason he is doing this is because he is no longer able to consistently kick the ball far enough to ensure a touchback. Given the choice between a kick down the middle that might be returned or one to the corner of course it makes sense to put it in the corner. I would be shocked however if the coaches were passing up on a touchback in order to allow for a potential return. Long kickoff returns can drastically shift the flow of a game so you don't put the potential for a long return in play in order to maybe gain a handful of yards in field position. It is not worth the risk no matter how good your coverage units may be, it only takes one long runback to kill you.

He is absolutely kicking high and to the corner on purpose. However the reason he is doing this is because he is no longer able to consistently kick the ball far enough to ensure a touchback. Given the choice between a kick down the middle that might be returned or one to the corner of course it makes sense to put it in the corner. I would be shocked however if the coaches were passing up on a touchback in order to allow for a potential return. Long kickoff returns can drastically shift the flow of a game so you don't put the potential for a long return in play in order to maybe gain a handful of yards in field position. It is not worth the risk no matter how good your coverage units may be, it only takes one long runback to kill you.

Ssshhhhh! You don't want Matt to find out.

Ssshhhhh! You don't want Matt to find out.

Let me lay it out dpo style then.

Would be nice to see him get back to depositing kicks in the back of the endzone

That is the quote you responded to.

Send a note to the coaches because he's doing that on purpose.

He is not purposefully choosing to kick the ball short of the end zone. He is kicking it there because, like MNVCGUY (and Santoso himself) said, he is unable to kick it out of the end zone at the moment due to tired legs. But keep trying to save face and twisting your words.

Top Bottom