Sagarin Predictions: Week 9

Gopher07

Captain of Awesome
Reaction score
Small change is becoming a theme here - our close victory didn't do much to appease the models, but didn't really hurt us all that much either. Can't wait for Saturday!

Week 8 can be found here.

As always, these are for entertainment purposes only.

I take the GOLDEN_MEAN score, found here, and add the home-field advantage to the home team to come up with predicted spreads/favorites. I've also noted the PREDICTOR spreads as well, in blue.

@ Illinois -8.5 (-7.5)
vs Iowa -1 (-3)
vs Ohio State +11 (+9.5)
@ Nebraska +14 (+14.5)
@ Wisconsin +12.5 (+10.5)

Predicted Record 8-4 (5-3)

Likely wins (>6 point difference in favor of Minnesota): @ Illinois
Likely toss-ups (within 6 points): vs Iowa
Likely losses (>6 point difference in favor of opponent): vs Ohio State, @ Nebraska, @ Wisconsin

8-4 would be a successful season to me, and if we can sneak out one of the last three even better.

8-4 would be a successful season to me, and if we can sneak out one of the last three even better.

Ditto.

Curious about the Iowa game. If we play well, we should beat them, but if there's one game a year that we play that seems to be sponsored by the American Poultry Association, it's against the Hawkeyes.

Ditto.

Curious about the Iowa game. If we play well, we should beat them, but if there's one game a year that we play that seems to be sponsored by the American Poultry Association, it's against the Hawkeyes.

I don't know. The last two years we wet the bed despite knowing we can play better, but the two years before that, we beat them despite being down in the dumps ourselves. They were our B1G opener the last two years (if memory serves), and for whatever reason, Kill's Gophs seem to struggle to show up for the first game against big time competition in the season. Luckily this year we had TCU to work that out against.

Ditto.

Double ditto.

I think we beat Iowa. Then, we either steal one against Nebby or beat Wisconsin. OR, maybe beat both?! Wouldn't that be outstanding?! :cool:

Top Bottom