STrib: Outcomes for Gophers, Vikings reveal tale of two teams

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Rand:

Anyone who has watched enough football knows there are two specific scenarios that give fans a bad feeling about what’s to come: 1) A missed extra point early in the game coming back to haunt and 2) Missed opportunities to pad a lead coming back to haunt.

The Gophers (scenario 1) and the Vikings (scenario 2) played games this weekend that followed both of those scripts, and the way both games played out says everything you need to know about each team right now.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/279727512.html

Go Gophers!!

Not sure if he usually saves Viking talk for the end, but was very happy to see Mark Rosen leading off his Sunday sports show with Mitch Leidner and Josh Campion, and saving the Vikings for later last night. Very minor sign, but it shows this is a great opportunity for the Gophers. A hell of a lot more appealing team than the train wreck that's the Vikings with the greedy owners and all of the other drama they generate. I'm old enough to have seen (and remember most days) when this state really embraced Gopher teams. Lots of that feeling is still there, and Kill and Pitino give me hope it'll happen again.

Not sure if he usually saves Viking talk for the end, but was very happy to see Mark Rosen leading off his Sunday sports show with Mitch Leidner and Josh Campion, and saving the Vikings for later last night. Very minor sign, but it shows this is a great opportunity for the Gophers. A hell of a lot more appealing team than the train wreck that's the Vikings with the greedy owners and all of the other drama they generate. I'm old enough to have seen (and remember most days) when this state really embraced Gopher teams. Lots of that feeling is still there, and Kill and Pitino give me hope it'll happen again.

Not the case for Mackey & Judd.

I should really choose a new show, but I like Mackey a lot so I suffer through Judd. But I'm sure we'll get 2 and a half hours of Vikings, 30 minutes of Gophers, 30 minutes of Wild, and 30 minutes of other on the show today.

I should really choose a new show, but I like Mackey a lot so I suffer through Judd. But I'm sure we'll get 2 and a half hours of Vikings, 30 minutes of Gophers, 30 minutes of Wild, and 30 minutes of other on the show today.

I'm with ya.

Judd is just awful, but Mackey is injecting some much-needed young blood into the market. I don't always agree with him, but he's pretty good most of the time.

Judd is just awful, but Mackey is injecting some much-needed young blood into the market. I don't always agree with him, but he's pretty good most of the time.

Doesn't have to be young or old, just someone with a brain.

Ya, I listened to Judd this morning and he had me calling him all sorts of unkind names.

Is anyone listening to the Gopher segment right now on 1500? Judd is just making a fool of himself. I almost want to save this and listen to it every time I'm looking for a good cringe.

Top Bottom