Illinois game on ESPNU?

Indiana vs Iowa was last week. It happens occasionally.

Crap. I don't get ESPNU with Comcast.

Does anyone know if I can upgrade to the next package for just 1 day at a pro rated cost?

Does anyone know if I can upgrade to the next package for just 1 day at a pro rated cost?
Does comcast give you WatchESPN ?

Does comcast give you WatchESPN ?

Yes, but I can't watch ESPNU games because I don't get the channel. I'll probably just upgrade for the day. I'm sure it'll be pro rated.

No Mowins, no Galloway. It's like we won already

Always pay for the sports packages. ALWAYS!!!!

With the addition of more teams to the conference(see Rutgers and Maryland), expect to have more Gopher games(FB & BB) on ESPNU, ESPN3 and BTN+. Total horse-crap.

But then I would have to give up E! Network and miss the Kardasians. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Come on Don. You don't know the Kardasians will be on at the same time. That is total speculation.

This is why I love DirecTV. Price is basically the same, if not a bit less than Comcast, and I get the following: CBS Sports Network, NBC Sports Network, BTN, SEC, ESPNews, ESPNU, ESPN, ESPN2, Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2, NBA Network, MLB Network, NFL Network and NHL Network (although I could not care less about NHL Network as I think the NHL is pretty lame).

Does anyone know if I can stream the game over the internet? I'll be in Europe next weekend. At least if it WS on BTN I could stream it on their app. Granted, the quality would be like looking at an impressionist painting, but still

This is why I love DirecTV. Price is basically the same, if not a bit less than Comcast, and I get the following: CBS Sports Network, NBC Sports Network, BTN, SEC, ESPNews, ESPNU, ESPN, ESPN2, Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2, NBA Network, MLB Network, NFL Network and NHL Network (although I could not care less about NHL Network as I think the NHL is pretty lame).

Where do you get your internet from? I would do DirecTV if centurylink wasn't such a hot mess where I live. I think the best I can get is 1.5 Mbps which is basically modern day dial up. It's kind of a bummer, so I'm stuck with the Comcast double play. I don't really have many complaints like some do, but I think I might do a little bit of research before deciding on my next neighborhood.

Does anyone know if I can stream the game over the internet? I'll be in Europe next weekend. At least if it WS on BTN I could stream it on their app. Granted, the quality would be like looking at an impressionist painting, but still

There will be an illegal stream somewhere, or you can use WatchESPN if you get ESPNU with your subscription.

They'll be a stream on firstrowsports and a couple other sites for sure. Good quality but not HD. If you get ESPNU at home and have WatchESPN, I would stream it through ESPN as it'll be HD quality. Otherwise, you'll have to settle for firstrowsports or a radio feed.

Where do you get your internet from? I would do DirecTV if centurylink wasn't such a hot mess where I live. I think the best I can get is 1.5 Mbps which is basically modern day dial up. It's kind of a bummer, so I'm stuck with the Comcast double play. I don't really have many complaints like some do, but I think I might do a little bit of research before deciding on my next neighborhood.

comcast/xfinity for internet. love them for internet. don't like their cable prices.

Does anyone know if BTN2GO has all big ten games or just the ones broadcast on BTN? It looks like I can stream the archive of the Maryland-Iowa game this weekend that was only on ESPN2.

They'll be a stream on firstrowsports and a couple other sites for sure. Good quality but not HD. If you get ESPNU at home and have WatchESPN, I would stream it through ESPN as it'll be HD quality. Otherwise, you'll have to settle for firstrowsports or a radio feed.

I've had luck with Wiziwig for Vikings games. Not sure how good it is for college games though.

For anyone with Comcast:

I spoke with a representative and you can upgrade from digital starter to digital preferred for $9.99 a month. I didn't ask if the $10 would be pro rated. I'm guessing it would be but worst case you're out $10 if you just want to upgrade to watch the game at home.

Best case you're out 30 cents for a one day pro rated cost.

For anyone with Comcast:

I spoke with a representative and you can upgrade from digital starter to digital preferred for $9.99 a month. I didn't ask if the $10 would be pro rated. I'm guessing it would be but worst case you're out $10 if you just want to upgrade to watch the game at home.

Best case you're out 30 cents for a one day pro rated cost.

Pretty sure the cost will be prorated if one adds and then cancels. As I believe they have to allow a customer to cancel an add on service or upgrade and can't force you to keep it, even for the rest of the month.

Pretty sure the cost will be prorated if one adds and then cancels. As I believe they have to allow a customer to cancel an add on service or upgrade and can't force you to keep it, even for the rest of the month.

Call and ask. I have Charter and they have had changing policies. The last time I just told them I wasn't going to pay $10 for one game. After a lengthy back and forth, the rep said 'let me talk to my supervisor', when she got back to me she said if you pick it up and drop it in the next couple of days we won't charge you anything. I think they just got tired of dealing with me.

At one time they were charging a fee to add and a fee to drop the package. I've also found that it depends on which rep you talk to. If you don't like the answer you get, hang up and call again. Might get different results from a different rep.

Just passing along my experience with Charter.

Top Bottom