PA announcer

I'm more offended by the vendor sales people who walk the stairs during the national anthem

Don't like that either. Don't really notice it unless it happens right next to me though.
Also don't like when they stop right in front of me during a critical 3rd and long.

Pa guys should shut the **** up. The game's not about them. It's JV to have a lounge comedian as the PA guy.

Dude, take a chill pill. This is a forum to talk about our team, not to solve the worlds problems. We understand your opinion, and some might agree or disagree. But you aren't going to change anyone's minds on this board, and even if you did, what would it matter. The people that make that decision aren't here. Write them, call them, email them. They get paid to deal with your crap.

Re read what you just wrote and then reconsider posting on any message board

You think I'm trolling?..The first time was when brewster's team walked off after 55-0 before the song played..

Oh yeah, took a look at your posts. Even snuck in the worst defeat in recent Gopher history in your denial. Big time troll. :clap:

You think I'm trolling?

It is amazing how sensitive gopherhole is.
The school has been playing the state hymn at the end of games for as long as I remember. Yesterday was the second time I can remember that tradition not happening in recent memory. The first time was when brewster's team walked off after 55-0 before the song played. It is something I would like to see cleaned up. Clearly since we won yesterday no one is allowed to critique anything.

This statement, in the context of this post, is perhaps the most hypocritical thing I've read on this board.

It's ok to be upset by the announcer talking over Hail! Minnesota, but it's also ok to think it's absurd to be upset by the announcer talking over Hail! Minnesota

The PA announcer credited Payton Jordahl with a special teams tackle. I think he had the wrong player.

So you are good with him making an announcement during the state hymn?

Last few years we had PA complaint threads by week 3, that is all i was referring to. I never said anything about his actions.

PA guy is terrible. I think they should get an actual pa guy to call the action, and then they can have hokey pa guy read the commercials.

That was the first punt of the day for Purdue wasn't it?

It was funny. Lighten up guys.

I agree though that he should shut it during the state hymn.

PA guy is terrible. I think they should get an actual pa guy to call the action, and then they can have hokey pa guy read the commercials.

Didn't you say that you were going to consider dropping your season tickets if they didn't change PA announcers a few years ago?

One of the more entertaining threads of the year.

This statement, in the context of this post, is perhaps the most hypocritical thing I've read on this board.

It's ok to be upset by the announcer talking over Hail! Minnesota, but it's also ok to think it's absurd to be upset by the announcer talking over Hail! Minnesota
I agree with your second paragraph.

Now here is a question for you. Do you think the PA announcer should talk over the state hymn?

That was the first punt of the day for Purdue wasn't it?

It was funny. Lighten up guys.

I agree though that he should shut it during the state hymn.
I didn't like the joke he made about the punt, but I really didn't have a problem with it either.

I didn't like when the PA guy was talking during Hail Minnesota. But I cringe every time he says, "Rah", at the end of the Minnesota Rouser! I hate that!

I agree with your second paragraph.

Now here is a question for you. Do you think the PA announcer should talk over the state hymn?

I don't care one bit whether he does or not. It's a complete non-issue for me.

I don't care one bit whether he does or not. It's a complete non-issue for me.

So you just entered this thread to complain about people having an issue with it, even though you said it was okay to have an issue with it.

So you just entered this thread to complain about people having an issue with it, even though you said it was okay to have an issue with it.

It's fine that you have an issue with it. I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy and laughing at something that I think is a complete overreaction

It's fine that you have an issue with it. I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy and laughing at something that I think is a complete overreaction
I never said anything that was hypocritical.
I simply said gopherhole is way too sensitive. And contrary to you belief I am not sensitive if you disagree with me.

I never said anything that was hypocritical.
I simply said gopherhole is way too sensitive. And contrary to you belief I am not sensitive if you disagree with me.

I'm just saying that your responses to everyone that disagrees with you in this thread paint a strikingly different picture. Again, not a problem, just interesting.

Why wouldn't I respond in a thread I started? Isn't that point of a message board? Isn't that the point of a thread? To have a conversation about a topic you're interested in?

Why do you go on a message board if not to have a conversation?
Why do you start a thread if not to bring up and discuss a specific topic of interest to you?

Why wouldn't I respond in a thread I started? Isn't that point of a message board? Isn't that the point of a thread? To have a conversation about a topic you're interested in?

Why do you go on a message board if not to have a conversation?
Why do you start a thread if not to bring up and discuss a specific topic of interest to you?

So the PA guy made a mistake. Who knows how many people are talking in his ear up there. I would encourage you to contact the football office and let them know how you feel. I'm sure it won't happen again.

So the PA guy made a mistake. Who knows how many people are talking in his ear up there. I would encourage you to contact the football office and let them know how you feel. I'm sure it won't happen again.
Thanks for your advice.

Top Bottom