PA announcer

Why wouldn't I respond in a thread I started? Isn't that point of a message board? Isn't that the point of a thread? To have a conversation about a topic you're interested in?

Why do you go on a message board if not to have a conversation?
Why do you start a thread if not to bring up and discuss a specific topic of interest to you?

Sounds a bit sensitive ;)

Where did I say anything about not wanting conversation? I'm just saying that manner with which you reply seems to imply sensitivity and defensiveness. And that's ok, just a bit hypocritical when you call others overly sensitive

It's fun watching you make an ass of yourself. I am easily entertained.

Yes, I'm making an ass of myself. I am talking about something that happened at the gopher game on a gopher message board.
You on the other hand are not making an ass of yourself as you go on message boards and declare who is making an ass of themselves.

Okay, with this post I might be making an ass of myself.

Sounds a bit sensitive ;)

Where did I say anything about not wanting conversation? I'm just saying that manner with which you reply seems to imply sensitivity and defensiveness. And that's ok, just a bit hypocritical when you call others overly sensitive

I'll try not to reply too sensitively so you don't get confused.

Why wouldn't I respond in a thread I started? Isn't that point of a message board? Isn't that the point of a thread? To have a conversation about a topic you're interested in?

Why do you go on a message board if not to have a conversation?
Why do you start a thread if not to bring up and discuss a specific topic of interest to you?

Over/under 15 minutes for First Amendment rant?

Stopppppppp, you are acting like a ten year old girl.

I didn't like when the PA guy was talking during Hail Minnesota. But I cringe every time he says, "Rah", at the end of the Minnesota Rouser! I hate that!

Agree. But we are in the minority.

This message board is way too sensitive... now let me respond like a child to every post disagreeing with me.

This message board is way too sensitive... now let me respond like a child to every post disagreeing with me.

The PA announcer did not make the choice to blather on during the playing of Hail Minnesota, that was clearly a poorly though out scripted action by the gameday operations people and it really annoyed me.

It was clear that something stupid was going to happen when a bunch of loud noises started coming from the sound system/scoreboard that completely drowned out the band, then it got worse when the PA announcer started spouting some BS.

How the U cannot respect or even worse not have any concept of what the band does after every single game, and ruin the moment is beyond me. A lot of people linger in the east half of the stadium for this moment, and someone decided to piss all over that.

The PA announcer did not make the choice to blather on during the playing of Hail Minnesota, that was clearly a poorly though out scripted action by the gameday operations people and it really annoyed me.

It was clear that something stupid was going to happen when a bunch of loud noises started coming from the sound system/scoreboard that completely drowned out the band, then it got worse when the PA announcer started spouting some BS.

How the U cannot respect or even worse not have any concept of what the band does after every single game, and ruin the moment is beyond me. A lot of people linger in the east half of the stadium for this moment, and someone decided to piss all over that.
Send an email to the Athletic Dept.

I thought it was funny when he "welcomed" the Purdue punter into the game in the 2nd half.

I felt the opposite and it felt like a passive aggressive (of course in MN) shot at our defense even though that was unintentional

Didn't you say that you were going to consider dropping your season tickets if they didn't change PA announcers a few years ago?

I actually do think they have cut down on his reading commercials, quite a bit. A guy in my section single handedly changed my mind on the first down chant, also, we get a lot of first downs and are winning, so there is less chance for a "ANOTHER golden gopherrrrr!!" When we are losing to ndsu.

He is less annoying, winning fixes everything, but he's still bad to very bad,
Some simple fixes:
Stop leading the ski u mah chant. Let the cheerleaders wave the banners, put it on the scoreboard, but the pa announcer should not lead it in any way shape or form. If we still can't do it in one year, can it.
Enough with the super long touchdown call. You aren't michael buffer.
Any comedy from a pa guy should be of the very very dry variety. No schtick, no kitch, no cheese.
I will probably never like his voice, but he could make it so he annoys less people, and maybe some day, add to the experience.

I actually do think they have cut down on his reading commercials, quite a bit. A guy in my section single handedly changed my mind on the first down chant, also, we get a lot of first downs and are winning, so there is less chance for a "ANOTHER golden gopherrrrr!!" When we are losing to ndsu.

Some simple fixes:
Stop leading the ski u mah chant. Let the cheerleaders wave the banners, put it on the scoreboard, but the pa announcer should not lead it in any way shape or form. If we still can't do it in one year, can it.
Any comedy from a pa guy should be of the very very dry variety. No schtick, no kitch, no cheese.
I will probably never like his voice, but he could make it so he annoys less people, and maybe some day, add to the experience.

At least he's not B Wright at the target center.

I was fine with it. I'll even take it a step farther, knowing that it will make people mad, but I happen to like the piped in music that isn't played by the band.

Some simple fixes:
The Ski U Mah chant still needs some leadership, it's not established enough yet.
The vast majority of people at the games enjoy the "schtick" and Jaime is very popular with both FB and hockey crowds.

The Ski U Mah chant still needs some leadership, it's not established enough yet.
The vast majority of people at the games enjoy the "schtick" and Jaime is very popular with both FB and hockey crowds.

Based on what?
He's undoubtedly popular with hockey, most people I talk to don't feel the same at football.

I get that they are doing that, but either wait until after the state hymn or tell the band to wait until after the announcement.

The state hymn has been played after the game for as long as I can remember. It shouldn't be that hard to avoid making a PA announcement during the hymn.

I didn't really like the punt announcement. Not a PA guys role to play. Not a very classy thing to do. That's just me though.

I would say, that since no one sings along to anything the band does besides the rouser, who cares.

I thought it was funny when he "welcomed" the Purdue punter into the game in the 2nd half.

I guess I prefer a PA announer that doesn't make fun of his own team. I was livid after he made that comment.

I guess I prefer a PA announer that doesn't make fun of his own team. I was livid after he made that comment.
He was celebrating the defensive adjustments we made to force a punt.

IMHO They need to lock PA guy in a room and have him listen to hours upon hours of recordings of Julius Perlt until he gets it right. As Carly Simon once sang, "Nobody does it better".

What happened to "that's another six points in the bank" after a Gopher touchdown?

...and how dare the students yell "home of the gophers" to end the National anthem.
...how dare people not stop what they are doing and remove hats during the swinging gate and "Battle Hymn" during the pregame when the color guard is presenting the flag.

Honestly it's called entertainment and it happens in every stadium across the country. I'm sure, like others have said, a simple email to the athletic department will correct the concern. However, this is a fun thread.

You think I'm trolling?

It is amazing how sensitive gopherhole is.
The school has been playing the state hymn at the end of games for as long as I remember. Yesterday was the second time I can remember that tradition not happening in recent memory. The first time was when brewster's team walked off after 55-0 before the song played. It is something I would like to see cleaned up. Clearly since we won yesterday no one is allowed to critique anything.

My personal opinion is that it is disrespectful to be talking over the band playing Hail MN, but if this is only the second time in at least 6 years that it has happened than I guess I just mark it down as a non-issue. If it was happening on a weekly basis or bi-weekly then I would have more of an issue with it.

Top Bottom