Hey GH'ers, What Do You Think of This...................?

IMO, the "let them score" strategy should only really be done when it is a goal-to-go situation. I would think that with 30 yards to run, it might pop into the runner's head that he should go down so they can kneel out the rest of the clock.

If you were at the game and not watching on TV, you missed the play by play guy basically thinking he invented electricity when he realized if Purdue let us score we would only be up 8 with a PAT. Never did he mention the fact that MN has a little something do with whether they score or not. Cobb is not going to burst through the line and run 40 yards for a TD in that situation, he clearly would've seen/ was told if no one was trying to tackle him to fall down.

This strategy can work from inside the 10, but there's no way in that situation the MN ball carrier wouldn't have known or been told to go down.

If you were at the game and not watching on TV, you missed the play by play guy basically thinking he invented electricity when he realized if Purdue let us score we would only be up 8 with a PAT. Never did he mention the fact that MN has a little something do with whether they score or not. Cobb is not going to burst through the line and run 40 yards for a TD in that situation, he clearly would've seen/ was told if no one was trying to tackle him to fall down.

This strategy can work from inside the 10, but there's no way in that situation the MN ball carrier wouldn't have known or been told to go down.

Does Coach Kill take calls on his weekly radio show? I'd be happy to call in and ask him about this. It would be fun to hear his answer.

Do me a favor cause I'm dying to know. Will you get ahold of someone on the Gopher coaching staff (preferably Jerry himself) and ask them whether they had told our Heisman-worthy-of-consideration running back Mr. Cobb to stay out of the end zone in the event this scenario happened? It's incredibly interesting to me but I have no connections with the Gopher team. I really, really want to know if they prepare for this. It's just fun to think about. I've got nothing better to do with my brain cells unfortunately.

Why don't you just call into one of the many radio shows he does and ask him. He's on with Sid every Sunday morning and he does a weekly radio show from Sensor's in Roseville on Thursday at noon. You can even attend the event and ask him in person.

Top Bottom