Who was the Gophers MVP in big Purdue win?

Who was MVP today?

• Cedric Thompson

Votes: 48 43.2%
  • Ryan Santoso

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • David Cobb

Votes: 32 28.8%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters

Not sure who but I want to give it to one of the O Line guys.

Cobb has been great all year, Thompson made one of the plays of the season and Santoso did magnificently to make a 52 yarder into the wind.

Thought the blocking was the key though.

It was close, but I had to go with Thompson, both of those interceptions were huge.

I chose Santoso because I've never seen such a clutch kick in the bank.

But Thompson had a better game. Santoso actually played really poorly aside from his 52 yarder.

Anytime a 52 yard field goal is the difference, I gotta go with the big kicker.

O-Line, with Limegrover in second place. Controlled the line of scrimmage the majority of the game, ran the clock out at the end, and had few to no penalties (can't remember exactly). Limegrover's use of the read-option and play-action were potent, though I didn't like the naked boot on the goal line. All in all a good day from him - gave us the schematic advantage against their defense, I thought.

I was gonna say Leidner, despite a couple 'ML7 type passes', he had a pretty good game
running this offense, some very good throws and kept us in the game giving us a chance
to take the lead.

I was gonna say Leidner, despite a couple 'ML7 type passes', he had a pretty good game
running this offense, some very good throws and kept us in the game giving us a chance
to take the lead.

+1 The three long completions in the second half were all beautiful, and all necessary. Throw in 84 yards rushing, no turnovers (thank you, repay officials!!!). Nice that he clinched it with the sneak at the end.

I'm going Santoso. He had to kick 4 extra points on 2 td's and happened to miss one. Don't blame him for that. And while Thompson had 2 picks, the defense had an awful time out there today. Santoso made a 52 yarder with the game on the line. Been very happy with his kicking this year. That kick would have been good from 60.

Everyone who had big plays to help us, also seemed to have some costly clunkers. Great job of bouncing back all around.

What's cool about the Gophers, is that it seems like a new person comes up big each week. Cobb and Wilson always come up big, but there always seems to be someone else that steps up.

Everyone who had big plays to help us, also seemed to have some costly clunkers. Great job of bouncing back all around.

I was thinking the same thing. Epping's goofy unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Maxx's unnecessary block (called below the waste but close) that cost us about 30 yards net. Whoever came off the bench and got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. The illegal formation penalties on the extra points (if it was Goodger both times, he'll be running a few laps on the off day). Mixed point after from Santoso. Cobb fumble. The LBs and the Ss not staying home. Just a very odd day in terms of unforced errors.

When you think about, uncharacteristic play from a Kill-coached team in terms of mistakes and the backbone and toughness of a Kill-coached team exhibited by the comeback.

Offensive: Leidner
Defensive: Thompson
Special Teams: Santoso

Cedric Thompson. I absolutely love the passion he plays with on defense!

O-Line, with Limegrover in second place. Controlled the line of scrimmage the majority of the game, ran the clock out at the end, and had few to no penalties (can't remember exactly). Limegrover's use of the read-option and play-action were potent, though I didn't like the naked boot on the goal line. All in all a good day from him - gave us the schematic advantage against their defense, I thought.

Hated it as well. At least give him one receiver option on that play. It was a run all the way.

The thing I like is he seems relaxed, and strokes it. And it flies high off his foot. The 48 yarder at Michigan was effortless. When I think of place kickers at Minnesota who have made a mark, Paul Rogind, Jim Gallery, Chip Lomiller, Adam Bailey, Dan Nystrom, Rhys Lloyd, and now Santoso who could elipse them all. I see him kicking a game winner late against somebody.
The stars are lining up for that to happen, husker70.

This from a thread after the Michigan Game

No matter how you slice it up, I think Cobb was still our most valuable player today. Again, he was the best player on the field all day

Tough choice.......but I go with Santoso. That wasn't a tied game when he kicked that ball in the fourth. We went from losing the game......to being up by one. He put us into a position to win the game after a pretty lousy showing by the defense. Defense stepped up afterwards. Kudos. Props to Thompson as well. Great game. Just think that this was a critical kick, at a critical point in the game, at a distance that most kickers cannot cover. Most NCAA teams don't have a guy like Santoso. As we've seen.....a kicker like him could lose or win the game. We came out on the right side.

I voted for Cedric, but I think it could have gone to anyone. They played team football impressively I am not surprised a different hero steps up almost each week.

NW Coach Fitz was right when he said the Gophers as a team is taking on the personality of their coach. They are not quitters.

There are others like Richardson who plays a big role that contribute day in and out.

Coach Claeys for his defensive adjustment in 2nd half

Tough to choose. Cobb is so good. Santoso with a monster kick. Kudos to the Purdue player that clocked Maye for the penalty. Gosh, that play was so huge (and dumb) that I might have to give it to him.

to take the lead.
Until Thompson had a second interception I would have said ML

this was a tough question. Went with Ryan since Kickers are only get a few chances to do something like he did and to think he is only a RS freshmen. if he keeps his grades up and stays here for 3 more years he might be able to kick 60 yarders

No matter how you slice it up, I think Cobb was still our most valuable player today. Again, he was the best player on the field all day

That's who I went with as well. He's been so good we overlook 190+ yard rushing games...

Santoso or Thompson

So many people contributed. But I have to agree with Nate. I cannot count the number of times over the years that I have wanted someone to step up and make a play to win a game. So many times my pleas went unanswered. This time Santoso and Thompson responded when we most needed it. Go Gophers!

Top Bottom