Debbie Downer thread

First Post here, long time Gopher fan. Ditched my MIAC game to see the Gophers and I was not disappointed; what a great atmosphere. Can't include the refs though. Maybe those "referees" stopped by the costume shop, bought referee uniforms and showed up at the game. Halloween is coming up! They were brutal.

AuggieTech guy, as an alum (actually, I transferred after 2 years), you need to bring your A-game on your next post. Your referee Halloween post was met with a deafening thud!!! Let's make this happen!!!!

This team is not doing any favors for super-fit sportswriters. It's a lot more difficult to mock someone for having a disease when the team is winning.

If Santoso had run as hard as he hit the upright, he'd converted that 2-point try.

What also ticked me off was that they didn't let the whole thing play out, then make their decision. If they did overturn that we still would have gotten screwed because we would have gotten the ball on the 3 yard line since the whistle blew.

I think THAT's why they didn't overturn the blown call...it got too complicated after they stopped play. "Incomplete" (call stands) was the only call to get them out of their own mess.

I think THAT's why they didn't overturn the blown call...it got too complicated after they stopped play. "Incomplete" (call stands) was the only call to get them out of their own mess.

There were two possible scenarios:

1. They call it an incomplete pass.

2. It's a fumble with a clear recovery for the Gophers but we would not have taken into account the run because they called the play dead.

Either scenario would have got a chorus of boos from us fans. However, by choosing the first option they just looked like fools.

The refs really screwed themselves by calling that play dead literally 8+ seconds and 70 yards later. I expect some sort of explanation/apology from the conference on Monday but we aren't Ohio State or Michigan so I won't hold my breath.

The two jack wagons who stood IN FRONT of the handicapped people in a wheelchair row, and only moved after a third prompt, which came from a university police officer.

Either scenario would have got a chorus of boos from us fans. However, by choosing the first option they just looked like fools.

You're not a fan. You're the biggest d bag on this site. The negativity you write about this team is BS. You are a clown.

Remember the cancellation of the North Carolina series? Had we not done that we would have hosted North Carolina this year. They are not very good this year at all, I believe we would have been undefeated right now!

Logjam leaving the stadium

Does anyone know why the gates on the end by the big scoreboard have to stay closed when the game is over? Is it some sort of safety issue? Getting out of there takes forever.

My take watching the replay in the stadium (have not seen TV copy) was that the receivers hands were still moving when he got hit which is why they ruled incomplete on the play. I know the assumption around here is that the refs are always out to get us but in that case I can understand why it was ruled the way it was especially when you remember those plays look a whole lot different in slow motion then in real time.

This team is not doing any favors for super-fit sportswriters. It's a lot more difficult to mock someone for having a disease when the team is winning.

He should move on to Bielema. Bielema doesn't have epilepsy, and still has as many seizures as SEC wins.

Remember the cancellation of the North Carolina series? Had we not done that we would have hosted North Carolina this year. They are not very good this year at all, I believe we would have been undefeated right now!

They are 3-4 on the year and while some of those loses have come against really good teams (Clemson, Notre Dame) I do think we would have had a great chance to have beaten them. This place would have exploded if we were sitting at 7-0 right now :)

They are 3-4 on the year and while some of those loses have come against really good teams (Clemson, Notre Dame) I do think we would have had a great chance to have beaten them. This place would have exploded if we were sitting at 7-0 right now :)
Well that would suck. Where would we play the rest of our home games?

Does anyone know why the gates on the end by the big scoreboard have to stay closed when the game is over? Is it some sort of safety issue? Getting out of there takes forever.

Are those gates functional or just decorative? I've never seen them open. I also think it's funny anyone complains about how long it takes to get out after the game, it's 50,000 people of course it's going to be slow and crowded. Try going to the Big House, it's a cluster but it's part of the deal.

Are those gates functional or just decorative? I've never seen them open. I also think it's funny anyone complains about how long it takes to get out after the game, it's 50,000 people of course it's going to be slow and crowded. Try going to the Big House, it's a cluster but it's part of the deal.

There was a side benefit too. Left right after the final gun and got out of the ramp in FIVE MINUTES! 5 minutes. Now that was a surprise ending.

There was a side benefit too. Left right after the final gun and got out of the ramp in FIVE MINUTES! 5 minutes. Now that was a surprise ending.

I noticed my ramp was flowing faster than usual yesterday too. And I did not hurry out at all.

Stick around, listen to the band. Then you won't have to fight the crowd.

We stayed and enjoyed the victory. Took about 5 minutes to get out of the Washington Street ramp.

I don't mind too much after a victory. After a loss.........well that's another story.

Would like to give some props to the guys outside playing on the barrels. Holy cow! That is super cool.....and mostly distracts everybody from the wait.

I don't mind too much after a victory. After a loss.........well that's another story.

Would like to give some props to the guys outside playing on the barrels. Holy cow! That is super cool.....and mostly distracts everybody from the wait.
I liked it the first time they were there. Now it's annoying.

Top Bottom