To all the halftime haters...go fly a kite!

GopherinPhilly

Reaction score
So sick of the people who show up when the Gophers are down or have lost to spew their hate. You aren't fans. Stop telling people you are.

Congratulations to the Minnesota Golden Gophers for their outsstanding Homecoming win today and to JK for his 150th victory as a Head Coach at the collegiate level and to our proud Golden Gophers for showing what this team is all about with that come from behind victory!

So sick of the people who show up when the Gophers are down or have lost to spew their hate. You aren't fans. Stop telling people you are.

Congratulations to the Minnesota Golden Gophers for their outsstanding Homecoming win today and to JK for his 150th victory as a Head Coach at the collegiate level and to our proud Golden Gophers for showing what this team is all about with that come from behind victory!

+100000000 So sick of all the pessimism around the team and the program. Funny how as soon as everything isn't perfect the haters come crawling out of the woodwork.

Yeah. I was scratching my head at halftime, but I thought we could mount a comeback. Worried more than a bit in the fourth, but unlike previous teams under previous coaches going back to my over 50 years of Gopher fandom, this team seems to find ways in stem the tide and turn things around instead of finding new and inventive ways to lose.

Yeah. I was scratching my head at halftime, but I thought we could mount a comeback. Worried more than a bit in the fourth, but unlike previous teams under previous coaches going back to my over 50 years of Gopher fandom, this team seems to find ways in stem the tide and turn things around instead of finding new and inventive ways to lose.

+1. I felt comfortable about a comeback as well. Don't get me wrong, I was damn nervous all 2nd half, but I just had a feeling the team would pull through and they did.

lol. C'mon now. Two wrongs don't make a right. They can change and we'll need them someday.

I was joking cause i was one of them! Well not the "people who show up when the Gophers are down or have lost to spew their hate." Because i am here all the time, but yeah i was negative around halftime, bit also positive before that and as the fourth quarter wore on. :)

This Gopher team appears to have that "Special Something" we've all heard about. They'll probably take us to hell and back a time or two more this season. I, for one, plan to enjoy the journey wherever it takes us. Make us proud, Golden Gophers.

How can you blame anyone? The whole state of Minnesota's major sports teams are so used to losing that everyone loses hope. We're all so used to pleading "Why us!?!?" that we stop asking "Why not us?" at the first sign of direst.

How can you blame anyone? The whole state of Minnesota's major sports teams are so used to losing that everyone loses hope. We're all so used to pleading "Why us!?!?" that we stop asking "Why not us?" at the first sign of direst.

I think he is more talking about those who find their way here when things aren't going well to let everyone know how much we suck and then disappear when we come back to win.

Yeah, those game threads get pretty bad. You get a handful of people who crawl out of the bowels of KFAN Rube Chat 12-13 times a year just to post troll crap.

This was the kind of game the Gophers always (USED TO) lose.

I'm starting to believe that this really is a different team under Kill (and his staff).

I think he is more talking about those who find their way here when things aren't going well to let everyone know how much we suck and then disappear when we come back to win.

You got it Iowa. I wasn't doubting and knew we would win this game. I did doubt we could hold them scoreless in the last 17 minutes (wow) and thought we would need a few more points...but I never doubted we would win.

This was a fun game to watch and to win!

Good for you GopherInPhilly. You are the only true fan in MN. What was the spread for todays game? How much did we win by? Yes its nice they won, but you show up like this to play a legitimate team they will get killed.

You got it Iowa. I wasn't doubting and knew we would win this game. I did doubt we could hold them scoreless in the last 17 minutes (wow) and thought we would need a few more points...but I never doubted we would win.

Good for you GopherInPhilly. You are the only true fan in MN. What was the spread for todays game? How much did we win by? Yes its nice they won, but you show up like this to play a legitimate team they will get killed.

It's a good thing there are only two legitimate teams left on our schedule. I'll take 9-3.

We didn't cover the spread!!!! Are we allowed to forfeit after a game is played?

Purdue has a legitimate offense and I underestimated them as I figured this would be 2013 Purdue. They are a different team under Appleby as starter last 3 weeks. They are 2013 Indianish in nature.

Admittedly angry and doubting today. When will I learn, this team is different ....

Purdue has a legitimate offense and I underestimated them as I figured this would be 2013 Purdue. They are a different team under Appleby as starter last 3 weeks. They are 2013 Indianish in nature.

2013 Indiana is a good comparison for this Purdue team. They have some nice speed and playmakers (was really shocking watching our defense give up so many explosive plays in the first half) and no defense to speak of. Really exciting game from start to finish thank goodness we were able to come out of it with the W.

We won! Don't really give a sh!t about Fatrick and all the other cynical, miserable hating f's out there. I do love my Gophers though.

I don't think they're quite as good as Indiana was last year, and I think we played a worse game today than we did against Indiana last year. I think Last year's IU team would have beaten this year's PU team.

But we played well enough to win and that's all that matters right now.

Gratuitous self-congratulatory-post of the year so far! Luckily for all of us, there is one true Gopher fan alive.

I hope you have enough hands for all the pat yourself on the backs that you deserve for being the very best.

P.S.
A very happy board, was this necessary?

Top Bottom