Teams set for maroon and gold scrimmage today? Which team wins?

Really nice to see Nate had a great game. It's a shame we don't have Zach this year. Mathieu had 8 rebounds (!!). Andre's getting back to his old self. I'm really excited about this team. We have pretty good depth throughout the roster.

@GophersNow: Future backcourt will be real solid “@jacobfast: @GophersNow how good are Mason and Lofton?”

Looks like Josh Martin is a bust, good while it lasted...

/sarcasm

@GophersNow: Future backcourt will be real solid “@jacobfast: @GophersNow how good are Mason and Lofton?”

My thoughts also. I liked how Konate filled in his box score. If you're going to play, you might as well get your uniform dirty.

The talent train for this program took off last year and Charles is still standing at the station.

Stupid comment. If he didn't have talent he wouldn't be on the team. I believe the coach last year referred to him as very athletic but raw. While he didn't get a lot of court time last year, I would not characterize his play as lacking talent.

Stupid comment. If he didn't have talent he wouldn't be on the team. I believe the coach last year referred to him as very athletic but raw. While he didn't get a lot of court time last year, I would not characterize his play as lacking talent.

Never argue with a GH expert.

Its early BUT -

Kendal Shell leads the team in FG %age and 3pt FG %age.

Kendal Shell and Darin Haugh lead the team in fewest TO's.

Haugh led Gold in assists.

Martin cleaning up the defensive boards. Me likey.

Not to be stalkerish, but I looked up Darin Haugh, and if it's the same one I found, he went to school at Eastview with Joey King, and they are good friends . So he's a new walk on?

If you don't think Buggs didn't get pushed further down the roster with the infusion of talent in Pitino's first two recruiting classes, you haven't been paying attention. That's what my original comment said, not that he didn't have talent, but that far more talented players have been brought in. There are a finite number of roster spots and minutes to go around, and the line ahead of him for both has gotten longer.

Not to be stalkerish, but I looked up Darin Haugh, and if it's the same one I found, he went to school at Eastview with Joey King, and they are good friends . So he's a new walk on?

Darin played one year at east view if I recall correctly. Transferred from Eagan? Quick pg, very small for big 10 play. Good hustle defender. Not a scorer at all on the offensive end.

Just missed it

If someone picks the correct winner and exact score for a basketball scrimmage, they're truly deserving of 2 primo tickets for a Big Ten game.

Maroon 63 Gold 59 ... I had the winner and was in the area code on the score.:cool:

Any chance we will get to see stats from the 'secret scrimmage' whenever it happens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of sad that the potential walk-on, Haugh, had more minutes than Buggs.

Kind of sad that the potential walk-on, Haugh, had more minutes than Buggs.

I went to high school when darin was a junior... He is QUICK and loves to share the ball. If he makes the team he will see decent min

Haugh will get decent minutes when the Gophers are up by 40 in all the cupcake home games.

LOL; good quote by Dr. Don on that. Amazing how many Buggs family members appear to be on the board!!

Not a Buggs family member, been on this board way before he arrive. Just didn't like a rip on a kid in that way when he,more than likely, puts it out there every day and coach has viewed him as deserving of a spot on the team for 2 years. Furthermore, the occasional negativity on this board will more than likely find its way back to any player? would be pretty sad if some dumsht said to him, "the Fan message board is lit up with people that think yur going to lose your scolly" But no question that Coach P is increasing the talent and athleticism of the team as a whole. I have no idea what Buggs status is, given the limited minutes, but I have always been a guy that pulls for the underdog. Would be great to see him find his roll and minutes to help the team.

Joey King only shot 3 pointers (9 of them). That surprised me a bit.

Didn't know what thread to post this in.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Joey King only shot 3 pointers (9 of them). That surprised me a bit.

I scrolled through the hold thread just to point out the same thing. Would ordinarily be concerned if a power forward took 9 shots, all from beyond the arc. However, if he is going to hit 4 of them, fire away.

Top Bottom