Road to Selection Sunday: Gophers Should "Lock In" on 22 Wins Prior to Big 10 Tourny

Maybe one of Clem's early teams? But I'm not interested in looking it up.

We can maybe beat Iowa 'cause they're kind of an enigma, but I'd guess Indiana, MSU (even with their struggles), and Bucky will blow the Gophers out of the water.

I know I sound like a crazy optimist saying this, but if things start clicking I don't see why we can't make a run in the BTT.

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not....but if you are serious....have watched them play? SS has level 4 being home games against Nebraska, Penn St., Purdue and Northwestern and I'd be surprised if we don't lose at least one of those games. We still have to go to Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana and Michigan State along with Wisconsin at home. If we finish better than 6-12 I'd be surprised with 5-13 not out of the question. How many wins do we need to make the NIT? If it's more than 6 in the B1G I'm thinking that's a long shot now. And the worst part is that even though some of you guys can't wait until the seniors graduate...it's going to be worse next year.

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not....but if you are serious....have watched them play? SS has level 4 being home games against Nebraska, Penn St., Purdue and Northwestern and I'd be surprised if we don't lose at least one of those games. We still have to go to Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana and Michigan State along with Wisconsin at home. If we finish better than 6-12 I'd be surprised with 5-13 not out of the question. How many wins do we need to make the NIT? If it's more than 6 in the B1G I'm thinking that's a long shot now. And the worse part is that even though some of you guys can't wait until the seniors graduate...it's going to be worse next year.

Not being sarcastic, have watched them play every game this year, and last year, and the year before... I know this team can beat some good teams when things are going well, which they clearly haven't much if at all this season. Don't think its out of the question for us to start playing much better though. Again, I'm being extremely optimistic when there doesn't seem to be much to be optimistic about.

Not being sarcastic, have watched them play every game this year, and last year, and the year before... I know this team can beat some good teams when things are going well, which they clearly haven't much if at all this season. Don't think its out of the question for us to start playing much better though. Again, I'm being extremely optimistic when there doesn't seem to be much to be optimistic about.

Okay...fair enough. They can beat good teams I agree. Their schedule is just brutal down the stretch even though I think the B1G is down this year. I preface this by saying i think the conference is deep but much weaker at the top than it has been the last several years.

Okay...fair enough. They can beat good teams I agree. Their schedule is just brutal down the stretch even though I think the B1G is down this year. I preface this by saying i think the conference is deep but much weaker at the top than it has been the last several years.

Plus we've got 6 Big Ten losses by 5 points or less. A loss is a loss, but we could easily have 5 or 6 wins right now if the ball bounces the other way (or we make free throws!!!). We aren't as bad as some people make it sound.

Plus we've got 6 Big Ten losses by 5 points or less. A loss is a loss, but we could easily have 5 or 6 wins right now if the ball bounces the other way (or we make free throws!!!). We aren't as bad as some people make it sound.

You can try and spin it all you want. The team is where it is at because of their inability to make plays at the end of games not because the ball didn't bounce their way.

You can try and spin it all you want. The team is where it is at because of their inability to make plays at the end of games not because the ball didn't bounce their way.

Like I said, a loss is still a loss, there are no moral victories. But there's a difference between losing every game by a couple points or getting blown out. This team isn't the 15th ranked team in the conference.

This thread is officially dead (I'm a poet and I didn't know it). Time to put it to bed.

It's all about the B1G Tournament now. Need 4-5 days of something magical.

In the meantime, let's win a few more on the way to Chicago, and stay injury free. A road win would be especially nice.

This thread is officially dead (I'm a poet and I didn't know it). Time to put it to bed.

It's all about the B1G Tournament now. Need 4-5 days of something magical.

In the meantime, let's win a few more on the way to Chicago, and stay injury free. A road win would be especially nice.

At least with the new tournament format, we can win our way out of the bottom four and earn a bye.

Top Bottom