FSN: Wilcox a mainstay in net for Gophers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per FSN:

The type of goaltender Wilcox is is a pretty good one. Tops in the Big Ten last year, in fact, as the South St. Paul native earned both the Big Ten Goalie of the Year and Big Ten Player of the Year awards in the conference's inaugural season of hockey. His 1.97 goals-against average as a sophomore last year ranked second all-time in the program's history behind . . . himself. Wilcox posted a 1.88 GAA as a freshman when he established himself as an every-game goalie.

Since arriving on campus, Wilcox has been a mainstay in net for Minnesota. He played in 38 of the Gophers' 41 games last year, and 39 of 40 during his freshman campaign -- including the final 37 games of the year. As the Gophers advanced to the NCAA championship a year ago, there was no doubt who would be in net each and every night.

"I take a lot of pride in it," Wilcox said of playing every night. "I worked hard to get here. I got the opportunity with the coaches and the team that I had. I couldn't have done it with that opportunity and such a solid team every year that I've been here. Now that I've got that opportunity, I want to give it my all for the team and be there for the guys."

http://www.foxsports.com/north/story/wilcox-a-mainstay-in-net-for-gophers-101614

Go Gophers!!

Good stuff. Hopefully we don't see too much of a dropoff when it comes time to replace him.

Top Bottom