CBS: BT Coach Most underrated player? ""I think absolutely it's Hollins."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
CBS: BT Coach Most underrated player? ""I think absolutely it's Hollins."

per CBS' BT preview:

Most underrated player?

"I think absolutely it's (Minnesota's Andre) Hollins. He's really good at getting to the line. Does a lot of good things. Is a really good shooter. He's a flopper and draws a lot of fouls."

7. Minnesota

From NIT champs to NCAA bid? I think it's very possible for Richard Pitino and the Gophers in Year No. 2 of this regime. Andre Hollins will lead the way on a team that lost five games last season in overtime or by four points or fewer. DeAndre Mathieu, all of 5-9, was the team's best shooter a season ago. A smaller veteran point guard who's done wonders since transferring from Central Arizona College after getting off to an uneven start at Morehead State. He's been huge -- and reliable -- for Minny. Beware of Mo Walker in the paint, by the way, and there are three seniors playing in the frontcourt. Pitino did a good job of not coaching his team into too many mistakes. Injuries also hampered Minnesota a year ago. The Big Ten usually produces a surprise NCAA tourney team, and while the Golden Gophers wouldn't totally qualify as that, I don't think you'll find many others nationally picking this team as high as seventh.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...college-basketball-conference-preview-big-ten

Go Gophers!!

per CBS' BT preview:

Most underrated player?

"I think absolutely it's (Minnesota's Andre) Hollins. He's really good at getting to the line. Does a lot of good things. Is a really good shooter. He's a flopper and draws a lot of fouls."

7. Minnesota

From NIT champs to NCAA bid? I think it's very possible for Richard Pitino and the Gophers in Year No. 2 of this regime. Andre Hollins will lead the way on a team that lost five games last season in overtime or by four points or fewer. DeAndre Mathieu, all of 5-9, was the team's best shooter a season ago. A smaller veteran point guard who's done wonders since transferring from Central Arizona College after getting off to an uneven start at Morehead State. He's been huge -- and reliable -- for Minny. Beware of Mo Walker in the paint, by the way, and there are three seniors playing in the frontcourt. Pitino did a good job of not coaching his team into too many mistakes. Injuries also hampered Minnesota a year ago. The Big Ten usually produces a surprise NCAA tourney team, and while the Golden Gophers wouldn't totally qualify as that, I don't think you'll find many others nationally picking this team as high as seventh.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...college-basketball-conference-preview-big-ten

Go Gophers!!

Huh? As high as seventh? :confused:

I wouldn't categorize Hollins a flopper. He does a good job selling calls, but nothing too egregious.

I wouldn't categorize Hollins a flopper. He does a good job selling calls, but nothing too egregious.

Not a Battier, Wojo or Paulus flopper by any stretch, but Andre does flop a little bit. Like you said, trying to sell the call.

Huh? As high as seventh? :confused:

One of the CBS contributors did pick them fifth but the next highest was 7th and his name was attached to the article. They seem to be lower rated by the CBS contributors than by most sportswriters. I believe one guy picked them 11th.

Top Bottom