BTN: Minnesota's Pitino looks to build on NIT title success

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per BTN:

“The NIT, winning the NIT, it’s just a weird — nobody knows how to handle it,” said Pitino. “Do you brag about it? Do you talk about it? You know, he didn’t even put it in the notes, the Big Ten guy. I noticed that. That’s okay, though. But, certainly, your goal is to get into the NCAA Tournament every year. We know that. But when you get in the NIT, it’s really difficult, and you’re playing some really good teams with great competition.

“So our guys are very proud, especially of those last two games. You play Florida State. Again, it was a very good team. You beat a very good SMU team. They were certainly very proud of it. But that’s not the goal to be in the NIT, and I think everybody in the locker room knows that. And it’s good in the sense of we know what kept us out of the NCAA Tournament, and we know what won us the NIT. So that carryover, I hope is there, because I know those guys are pretty focused to get in the NCAA Tournament.”

http://btn.com/2014/10/16/minnesotas-pitino-looks-to-build-on-nit-title-success/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom