USA Today Coaches Poll: Gophers debut at #32; 6 BT teams in Top 25

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Others Receiving Votes

Harvard 47; Stanford 47; Kansas State 37; Pittsburgh 36; Utah 26; Memphis 25; Minnesota 18; UCLA 15; New Mexico 11; Oregon 9; Louisiana Tech 8; Colorado 8; Arkansas 8; Dayton 6; Providence 5; Notre Dame 5; Massachusetts 4; Georgetown 4; Illinois 4; Texas-El Paso 4; Florida State 3; Baylor 2; George Washington 1; Miami (Fla.) 1; Toledo 1; Saint Mary?s 1.

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/basketball-men/polls/coaches-poll/2014/1#sthash.gpxTbrwc.uxfs

Go Gophers!!

SMU is 22 because? And we are 32 because? Is Larry Brown the only reason? Their superstar freshman didn't make it school, so that ain't it.
Is Iowa at 25 rated higher by most people?

SMU is 22 because? And we are 32 because? Is Larry Brown the only reason? Their superstar freshman didn't make it school, so that ain't it.

I think they are still benefiting from some of the hype they were getting before when Mudiay was actually going to play for them. They do return four starters and add Justin Martin though, they should make the tourney this year along with us.

I believe they only lose 1 starter, and have a very good PG returning in Nic Moore. Also a few 4/5* guys that will be sophomores this year and should be improved.

That said, we absolutely should be ranked higher than them.

I see the Iowa and Nebraska hype trains have not slowed down.

There's only one solution to this injustice: win the f***ing games on our schedule and we'll find ourselves nicely positioned in the polls.

I see the Iowa and Nebraska hype trains have not slowed down.

Yes, they seem to be too highly regarded, but I think Illinois was disregarded even more than we were. They were one of the tougher match ups in the league at the end of last year.

Top Bottom