7. Iowa, 214
8. Illinois, 196
9. Indiana, 163
10. Maryland, 162
11. Purdue, 95
12. Penn State, 84
13. Northwestern, 78
14. Rutgers, 27

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/con...oops/2014/10/10-15-14-big-ten-picks-1-14.html

Go Gophers!!

Nebraska 4th?

I dont know. I guess we will see. And only 6 "points" behind MSU.

Nebraska 4th?

I dont know. I guess we will see. And only 6 "points" behind MSU.

Nebraska will be good. They return 7 of their 9 main contributors from last year, including Petteway (1st team all Big 10) and Shields (HM All Big 10). Plus, that home court advantage is for real.

Nebraska will be good. They return 7 of their 9 main contributors from last year, including Petteway (1st team all Big 10) and Shields (HM All Big 10). Plus, that home court advantage is for real.

But 4th in the big ten?

No expert on their depth but Ohio seems a bit high - talented but a bit young, consistency?

Minnesota looks about right; could be as high as 4th and as low as 8th. If MN stays healthy, they can end 4th or 5th in Big10 and be Top 25. I really like MN going into the season, our bigs (King, MO, Elliott) are effective enough to compete w/ anyone in the Big10 and Konate has 5 hard fouls to give if needed. Deandre has that don't ever quit mentality like Bobby Jackson. McNeil is the lock down defender like Eric Harris and hits the open three. I'm hoping Hollins has a monster year and becomes Mr. Offense like Quincy Lewis and the Squirel handles the acorn like no other at Willums Arena.

The loss of Leslie Smith (he tore his ACL in July) will likely hurt them, though, considering that they were a team without much size even with him.

The loss of Leslie Smith (he tore his ACL in July) will likely hurt them, though, considering that they were a team without much size even with him.

I did not know that, very interesting.

?

You guys sure think alike.

I'd take that right now. Though I think 4th is possible.

Gophers were picked anywhere from 3rd to 12th. Rutgers beat writer picked 3rd, MSU beat writer picked 12th.

Someone please explain to me how Michigan is picked to finish 5th...?

They finished 4th in the Big Ten last year.

I know. They were still like 19-and something for the year. It just felt like a fluke. I guess I'm not ready to accept nebrasketball is for real. We will see.

I know. They were still like 19-and something for the year. It just felt like a fluke. I guess I'm not ready to accept nebrasketball is for real. We will see.

Nebraska will do better in the non-conference this year, but I see them .500 in the B1G. They had a lot of luck, schedule and otherwise last year that will be tough to repeat.

12th? Did someone hold him down and force him to eat lutefisk as a child?

Rutgers beat writer may not know enough about the Gophers or the Big Ten in general. Probably doesn't care because Rutgers will be so bad these next few years.

Too high. I know they've had great success lately under Beilein, but what do they return this year of note other than LaVert and Walton?

Irvin and Albrecht are proven players, plus Beilein's track record at Michigan indicates he'll have a couple newcomers who'll make significant contributions. However, agree that Michigan doesn't look as strong on paper as they have the last few seasons.

Nebraska will do better in the non-conference this year, but I see them .500 in the B1G. They had a lot of luck, schedule and otherwise last year that will be tough to repeat.

I agree on Nebraska. Nebraska was viewed as a cupcake last year until the 2nd half of the season so I think several of the early wins were in part taken w/ teams off guard. That said, they were a solid team last year and maybe better this year and will at a minimum finish .500 this year and could crack #3. I see them as having a better chance at #2 in the Big10 before Ohio State.

I agree Michigan lost Stauskas and the Big Dog Dog. They also lost a lot of bigs. However, belien was a tough out with stu douglas and company. Now he has levert, Walton, and zak Irvin as well as a highly rated freshman big so you can't sleep on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too high or low?

Too high. They have 3 nice guards in Walton, LaVert, and Irvin, but they don't have a SINGLE front court player worth noting. Without a 4 and a 5, they'll struggle.

I think 6 is a fair assessment. Let's go from there.

Since we all love Tim Miles quotes, here's his thoughts on being picked 4th:

Top Bottom