All Things Carter Coughlin Thread

no matter how it turns out....

no matter how it turns out....let's wish the kid great health and all the best.

I don't know if it's been mentioned before but Coughlin recently followed a bunch of gopher students, players, and coaches on Twitter..... So there's that.

How recent? If it was over the weekend I wouldn't care too much as that is when he met a ton of people. If it was today than you have to feel good about that. I think it was Hunter Register who followed a ton of gopher people the night before he committed.

Jeremy Birmingham, Director of Recruiting, Eleven Warriors switched his pick on 247 to tOSU yesterday.

I can't handle this sh1t.

giphy.gif

Andy Gardner from the Pioneer Press tweeted that he reached out to the old man, who told him he did not know Carter was announcing tonight. Uh oh.

Here's a tOSU forum post on CC and all 26 comments on him. Some examples:

He was blown away by how many national championships they have...(in reference to Oregon)
If he doesn't come to Ohio State, i'd rather see him go to Oregon. Wouldn't want to see his talent wasted on a team whose ceiling is 8-5.

Going to Minnesota to play football seems like one of the most dreary things ever. Not a lot of support...never going to be better than Citrus Bowl good. Never going to win anything significant. Forge your own path kid and be great.

I'm more than fine if he chooses Minn. Bigger fish out there with only a few LB spots open.

Gotta love the humility of tOSU.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohio-state-recruiting/2015/03/51009/one-to-watch-carter-coughlin

Isn't Seth Green a legacy recruit? Went to Oregon.

Where did you get this from the comment you quoted? That comment makes no mention of Carter being a legacy. Seth Green's recruitment has nothing to do with Carter Coughlin.

Where did you get this from the comment you quoted? That comment makes no mention of Carter being a legacy. Seth Green's recruitment has nothing to do with Carter Coughlin.

Agree, cj. More :blah::blah::blah::blah:

He was blown away by how many national championships they have...(in reference to Oregon)
If he doesn't come to Ohio State, i'd rather see him go to Oregon. Wouldn't want to see his talent wasted on a team whose ceiling is 8-5.

Going to Minnesota to play football seems like one of the most dreary things ever. Not a lot of support...never going to be better than Citrus Bowl good. Never going to win anything significant. Forge your own path kid and be great.

I'm more than fine if he chooses Minn. Bigger fish out there with only a few LB spots open.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohio-state-recruiting/2015/03/51009/one-to-watch-carter-coughlin

I hope we get Coughlin, then beat the snot out of them in the B1G Ten Tourney tonight.

Why should they have humility?

Because they had little to do with anything OSU has ever won.

Not like they think they are better individuals in real life than those from other universities. They just believe that their football team is superior to a lot of other football teams which is true and aren't afraid to say it. I and many other gopherholers, in fact almost, all would act the exact same way. Let get off our high horse here.

He is obviously telling the coaches that he will be attending tOSU. Just wanted to be classy and let the coaches know face to face. They are giving him one last good bye and farewell which is the reason for him hugging the coaches as he won't see them again.

/s

Looks official!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'll let you know at 7:01 if I even wanted him here or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK - I'll tell now..... I wanted him! So awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boner, boner, boner, boner, boner, boner, boner, boner, boner, boner, boner, boner, boner, boner, boner

I disagree. Hope you're right, but disagree. I think the visit points in the opposite direction. I've said it before, but it feels like one those, "I'll give Jerry one last pitch then break him the news out of respect," kind of visits.

I'm not going through it all again, but he has done a number of subtle things that tell me aOSU, or even Oregon, over the U. OSU just makes te most sense, that's why people are going with it.

And what makes all of you think he is coming here other than blind homerism? Since being jaded fuels our opinions. What evidence more do we need other than every other big- time high school prospect in history leaving? Why is that so ridiculous? Historically, you are the ridiculous one for believing he will stay. We'll see who is right in about a week. I certainly would be ecstatic to be wrong on this one.

LOL

Top Bottom