All Things Carter Coughlin Thread

Former players can't recruit. Period. It's in the article I posted above. Cris Carter did it with Seantrel Henderson. Tim Tebow did it with a recruit a few years ago. Ohio State reported both as secondary violations. So even though it is a violation, Ohio State and I'm sure other schools continue to do it and get away with it.

Former players can't recruit. Period. It's in the article I posted above. Cris Carter did it with Seantrel Henderson. Tim Tebow did it with a recruit a few years ago. Ohio State reported both as secondary violations. So even though it is a violation, Ohio State and I'm sure other schools continue to do it and get away with it.

Programs like Ohio St. probably gets a stern warning while someone like Minnesota would get the death penalty.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

STrib: Gophers football recruiting: In-state talent bolsters Minnesota's class

Carter Coughlin got the idea from a history textbook.

The highly coveted Eden Prairie football recruit was reading about the Roman Empire last year, and thought about how the glossary word empire might relate to the Gophers.

“Empire was like a connection of groups of people from different areas and joining them together under one leader, with one common goal,” Coughlin said. “And it was like, well, that’s what Coach [Jerry] Kill’s doing.”

After committing to the Gophers last March, Coughlin began referring to this as “The Empire Class.” He had maroon T-shirts made with that theme for Minnesota’s other commits.

When Kill retired because of health reasons, the class slipped in the national rankings. But by holding on to Coughlin and other key in-state recruits, new coach Tracy Claeys is finishing off a strong class, heading into national signing day on Wednesday.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...-talent-bolsters-minnesota-s-class/367455621/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom