All Things Carter Coughlin Thread

per Shama:

“I am set in Maroon and Gold,” Coughlin told Sports Headliners. “There’s no question.”

Ohio State is college football’s defending national champ and will be a heavy favorite to repeat next year. What if the Buckeyes keep calling Coughlin and the Gophers have a bad season? “I am going to help build the program brick by brick,” Coughlin said. “I am completely invested in Minnesota and that’s my final decision.”

“I can’t even explain how excited I am about this (Gophers) coaching staff,” Coughlin said. “Looking at what coach Kill has done with every single program that he’s had—every single program just keeps getting better and better. Minnesota has gotten so much better in the past couple years and it’s just going to keep continuing to grow.”

Last fall Kill led the Gophers to a 5-3 record in the Big Ten, the first time Minnesota has been over .500 in conference games since 2003. In Kill’s first two seasons his overall record was 9-16 but in the last two it is 16-10. Minnesotans, including the Coughlin family, are impressed.

“He has tremendous respect for the man,” Jennie said. “It’s exciting to see what’s happening with the Minnesota Gophers and how much they’re growing and building, and he wants to be a part of that. I think it’s been his dream as a young boy to play for the Gophers. Dream come true, really.”

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

This is fantastic news to read. Sounds like a solid commit and one that will stay that way, which is phenomenal

Eden Prairie News: EP's Coughlin picks University of Minnesota

When asked about immediate plans, Coughlin talked of hitting the weight room to prepare for this fall's high school season.

“I'm hoping to get to 220,” he said, of his desire to add 15 pounds of muscle. Ultimately, he'd like to get to 240-250.

When asked about his University of Minnesota plans, Coughlin, like the Gophers, is taking a wait-and-see approach.

“Depends on how I develop,” he said. “They've talked about using me as a linebacker and having me rush off the edge in their Dollar Package. They say I have natural ball-rushing skills.”

To be sure, that's where he's had the most success as a high school player.

Lastly, Coughlin plans to do some recruiting himself.

“I'm going to do everything I can to make sure the in-state guys stay in Minnesota,” he adds.

http://www.swnewsmedia.com/eden_pra...cle_6403ee7b-7fab-532c-9be7-f3f288d9590c.html

Go Gophers!!

Noticed on 247 he is now #261 in the country and composite ranked #283 player.

What was he before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I not sure, but I think Rivals bumped Carter up, if true that would have bumped up the composite.

I not sure, but I think Rivals bumped Carter up, if true that would have bumped up the composite.

They didn't. Neither did his position ranking from 247 nor his positional or national ranking from scout. I think 247 just didn't have a complete top 300 for the 2016 class but now they do which bumped his composite up even though his evaluation never changed for 247. Just the addition of the national top 300.

per Sid:

Gophers’ family connections

The Gophers football team recently received a commitment from Carter Coughlin of Eden Prairie. Not only did his grandfather, Tom Moe, play for the Gophers, but so did his father, Bob Coughlin. Now the coaches have another father-son connection of sorts in Colton Beebe, a fullback from the Kansas City area whose father played for Jerry Kill at Pittsburg State in Kansas.

Colton Beebe is a 6-2, 250-pound fullback who rushed 92 times for 301 yards and nine touchdowns and caught 21 passes for 236 yards and three touchdowns last season at Piper High School. The young Beebe helped lead his squad to a 10-2 record, losing to eventual Class 4A state champion Bishop Miege in the semifinals.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/298684341.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

Posted this in the 2016 thread but when JD got offered, Carter said "we could be the sickest HS to college duo of all time" or something like that.

If CC don't like JD then I don't like JD

If CC don't like JD then I don't like JD

I still like JD. Heck of a high school player. Hope this doesn't escalate into recruiting issues.

Ps. I can only imagine what sort of arguments would be all over Twitter between my classmates if it was used back when I was in high school. Glad it wasn't popular yet.

Recap?

I love highschool drama

Could you imagine saved by the bell today?!?!?! Crater Face Coburn!

I still like JD. Heck of a high school player. Hope this doesn't escalate into recruiting issues.

Ps. I can only imagine what sort of arguments would be all over Twitter between my classmates if it was used back when I was in high school. Glad it wasn't popular yet.

It's amazing how much the world has changed. I only graduated HS 20 years ago. If someone's parents left town unexpectedly on Sat. morning, the only way you'd find out about the party was if you were at your house sitting by the telephone. Now you can reach anyone anyplace at every moment through several channels.

It's amazing how much the world has changed. I only graduated HS 20 years ago. If someone's parents left town unexpectedly on Sat. morning, the only way you'd find out about the party was if you were at your house sitting by the telephone. Now you can reach anyone anyplace at every moment through several channels.

PARTY AT BTP's HOUSE TONIGHT!

Whoa there, big fella. Wouldn't Keystone Light be better?

Fox De Luxe, the old college standby of my day...

$1.99 per case w/case of empty bottles returned.

It is good for cleaning out your gut rust. :cool02:

Top Bottom