All Things Carter Coughlin Thread

per Steve Wiltfong

Freak linebacker Coughlin is an Army All-American

Minnesota is getting a freak athlete. Coughlin chose the Gophers over his other finalist Ohio State back in March.

“I’m so psyched about where the Minnesota Gopher program is headed,” Coughlin said. “It’s cool to stay home and be a homegrown kid and play for the Gophers. A lot of Minnesota kids don’t get the opportunity to play on the stage I’m going to get to do, and I’m really excited to go represent Minnesota in this game.”

http://247sports.com/Article/Carter-Coughlin-is-a-US-Army-All-American-37117856

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Damn, looks like his vertical and agility need some work. Hope this doesn't drop him down too far in the recruiting rankings.

per Steve Wiltfong

Freak linebacker Coughlin is an Army All-American

Minnesota is getting a freak athlete. Coughlin chose the Gophers over his other finalist Ohio State back in March.

“I’m so psyched about where the Minnesota Gopher program is headed,” Coughlin said. “It’s cool to stay home and be a homegrown kid and play for the Gophers. A lot of Minnesota kids don’t get the opportunity to play on the stage I’m going to get to do, and I’m really excited to go represent Minnesota in this game.”

http://247sports.com/Article/Carter-Coughlin-is-a-US-Army-All-American-37117856

Go Gophers!!

Reminds me of years ago when we lost Laurinaitis, except this time our guy chose the U over Ohio State. Really looking forward to watching Carter when he gets here. May need to go to a couple EP games this fall!

Reminds me of years ago when we lost Laurinaitis, except this time our guy chose the U over Ohio State. Really looking forward to watching Carter when he gets here. May need to go to a couple EP games this fall!

In some ways, I agree. But in other ways, Coughlin is different. Laurinaitis was an amazing HS and college football player. When you watched him play, you'd say "I don't care how big or fast he is, he is just a really good football player".

Coughlin is an absolute freak athlete. For instance, James Laurinaitis ran a 4.8 at his pro day, Coughlin ran a 4.6 going into his SR year of HS. I realize there are issues with accuracy and stuff, but Coughlin is a better athlete than Laurinaitis was (I'm not saying he'll be a better football player).

Ha - water cost more

Fox De Luxe, the old college standby of my day...

$1.99 per case w/case of empty bottles returned.

It is good for cleaning out your gut rust. :cool02:

It has to be outstanding...lol...not trying any...I did survive Keystone, once:(

His size and athleticism remind me of Brian Urlacher. Except Urlacher played safety in high school and S/LB hybrid in college. Could you imagine Coughlin playing safety?

Stop getting me so hyped to watch this guy in maroon and gold. My chili is just way too hot right now

In some ways, I agree. But in other ways, Coughlin is different. Laurinaitis was an amazing HS and college football player. When you watched him play, you'd say "I don't care how big or fast he is, he is just a really good football player".

Coughlin is an absolute freak athlete. For instance, James Laurinaitis ran a 4.8 at his pro day, Coughlin ran a 4.6 going into his SR year of HS. I realize there are issues with accuracy and stuff, but Coughlin is a better athlete than Laurinaitis was (I'm not saying he'll be a better football player).

yea I put 0 stock into 40 times in the HS level. They're also different players. Most of the HS film on Coughlin shows him using his athleticism on the edge and not playing as an in the box LB. Great thing with him is that he should be able to help on the outside immediately as he learns to be a traditional LB

His size and athleticism remind me of Brian Urlacher. Except Urlacher played safety in high school and S/LB hybrid in college. Could you imagine Coughlin playing safety?

When I saw his 40 time I started wondering about safety.
Carter should be the best Gopher LB since Leverenz

Carter can be the best Gopher LB ever. Time will tell.

Coughlin may be my favorite Gopher recruit ever. He seems to be our best recruiter right now. Having him at The Opening could get our foot in the door of some really good recruits and can stay in the ear of Mike Panasiuk who is also on the rise in the rankings.

I won't share it all because it's a paid subscription but Carter is having something called Empire Weekend for the committed recruits at his cabin. This kid is helping the Gophers get to a very high level. Don't think we will see many (if any) kids switch before NSD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won't share it all because it's a paid subscription but Carter is having something called Empire Weekend for the committed recruits at his cabin. This kid is helping the Gophers get to a very high level. Don't think we will see many (if any) kids switch before NSD.

Sounds like Carter might be our best recruiter this class. And I say that only half-joking.

I agree. Sounds like some high level teams were begging him to come visit and he said no. Will be my favorite gopher for 3-4 years while he is playing no doubt.

Carter is just all round awesome. Can't wait for him to hit the field.

I don't have a subscription, but for some reason I could read the article. I guess "The Empire" is what he calls his recruiting class and they are having a weekend of boating and such. Sounds like he'd be a wonderful teammate and great to see the leadership qualities already coming out for organizing such an event.

I don't have a subscription, but for some reason I could read the article. I guess "The Empire" is what he calls his recruiting class and they are having a weekend of boating and such. Sounds like he'd be a wonderful teammate and great to see the leadership qualities already coming out for organizing such an event.

Agree, what a great idea Carter! Leadership qualities oozing out.

Top Bottom