Henry Ellenson verbally commits to Marquette

I don't think anyone ever doubted he was a good high school player. He's shown nothing to suggest he'll be even an average D1 player. He's a horrendous defender and rarely makes the right play once he gets the ball. Obviously it's a small sample size, but there have been zero glimpses, and the fact that he couldn't even get on the court for either coach is telling. You're reminding me of Kahn by referencing the fact that he was a very good player at a lower level. He's shown nothing in college.

And a ball hog. Don't forget ball hog.

It seems you believe basketball is not played before college. In fact, most guys have played in various settings for many years prior to college.

Crazy as it may sound to you, there are people who watch kids play a ton before they even reach college.

Which is all moot if you can't cut it at the next level. All these guys were good in high school or AAU just because you can do something against inferior competition doesn't mean it will translate to D1

Guy, Gopher Warrior is never wrong. He also has no biases toward Marquette basketball or the players on their team. Let's just take his word for it.

Wally's good at getting 3 point shot attempts blocked from behind into the top of his head.

I seem to remember a pretty impressive basketball/soccer style juggling routine while not focusing or exerting any effort in warmups and trying to distract a teammate.

Nothing odd about that being in the article. Joe Wolf is a sore subject for MU bball. Was down to UNC and MU.

Obviously elated with HeNBA's choice. Would remind folks that MU was one of the first to offer Henry; his dad went to Marquette; before Wally joined, MU was absolutely in play and a serious consideration for Henry.

So, people will think what they want, but the Wally-angle is overplayed. He can ball.

Correction. He can jump. Would be a better track and field athlete. Wally-angle is overplayed to people who are MU fans, there is no doubt that played a MAJOR role in his commitment.

Back to subject, Henry is a special player and will start righta way at MU and be a huge contributer (stating obvious).

Wally is a scrub. Henry will probably be good. Why are we talking about this here?

Did we seriously just get a Wally dunk contest video as proof he can "ball"? Pretty sure we've seen those videos for 3 years now and gotten nothing out of them....

All Wally jabs aside, I hope he does well. He LOOKs the part, just hasn't put it together on the court. Smooth mover, can jump out of the building, one would think he could be special, problem is it's more than being able to jump and move. Gotta do it with a purpose, and no one can argue he hasn't done that for a long time.

Even looking at his AAU and Highschool highlight reels, it's nothing but jumping and out "athleticizing" an extremely athlete poor Northwest Wisconsin Highschool league.

Same stuff I said about Sandy Cohen and Northeast Wisconsin.... So just saying, might have 2 Wally's in one school.

Why...

Are we wasting time talking about the Ellensons when so much is more important, like price of barley and the way it affects the price of beer?

If we are using the Jump-O-Meter as a metric of future success, I have some Rodney Williams NBA stock to sell you.

And that is with all respect to one of my all-time favorite Gophers, Mr. Rodney Williams.

It seems you believe basketball is not played before college. In fact, most guys have played in various settings for many years prior to college.

Crazy as it may sound to you, there are people who watch kids play a ton before they even reach college.

LOLLLLLLLLLL. Apparently, LNH thinks Marquette brought him there for reasons other than to increase their chances of landing Henry!!!

Wally isn't going to get any sort of quality playing time when he's eligible. This year is the year minutes are available. Next years team will be really, really good.

Wally isn't going to get any sort of quality playing time when he's eligible. This year is the year minutes are available. Next years team will be really, really good.

Let's have a home and home with them and show them where the bear schidt in the buckwheat.

GO GOPHERS!!!

Top Bottom