Brian Bennett is a dink

Go4

Reaction score
His tweet and GH's response. Good work gh!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rittenberg is the only decent writer they have. Bennett is an idiot and is terrible on video. Hard to believe he's the best they could get. Gooher bloggers are a million times more insightful and knowledgable.

Ummm... Might want to mention that they still LOST. I'll still take the pound the rock and win offense any day.

WSU 2-4, giving up 35 points a game, may not win another game this year.

UM 4-1, giving up 19 point a game, still has a decent shot at B1G West.

FYI, WSU missed MISSED a 19 yard FG on last play. Wide right.

I wonder if their fan base is happy that they have a wonderful passing attack but a terrible record.

He quoted an interesting and humorous stat. Get over it.

While he sounds like a dbag. I don't think his intention was to be a dbag. I think he was just giving people a comparison.

I'd take Halliday to be our quarterback.

I wonder if their fan base is happy that they have a wonderful passing attack but a terrible record.

This is like us during the Wacker years, 550 yards of offense and we still lose by 17. I'll take the W's.

It's not the tweet that bothers me, but Bennett is always taking jabs at the Gophers or picking against them. You'd almost think he was from Iowa.

Minnesota's David Cobb has single game rushing totals this year of:

183 yards vs. Michigan
207 yards vs. San Jose State
220 yards vs. MTSU

Washington State's leading rusher has 187 yards ALL SEASON!

MN rushed for 41 more yards against SJSU than Washington St. has total in six games (380 to 339).

Navy averages more rushing yards per game than Washington St. has total (340.5 to 339).

I will take a giant poop in his honor.

MN rushed for 41 more yards against SJSU than Washington St. has total in six games (380 to 339).

Navy averages more rushing yards per game than Washington St. has total (340.5 to 339).

I was thinking the same thing, so thanks for posting this with some solid information.

Maturi can be faulted for a lot of things, but I don't know if not interviewing Mike Leach qualifies as one of them. We bemoan our lack of passing game, but Kill has this team playing very well and he stresses the physical side of the game. I think you need that in major college football.

GopherHole's response was nice, but the stat was interesting/humorous too. Lets not bury our collective heads in the sand and pretend like a passing game is not an important component of a successful offense.

Twitter is a place for fun facts, sarcasm, opinions, and stupidity. This was nothing more than a simple FYI.

Without even taking this (moronic) tweet into account, he is quite terrible at his job.

I don't consider myself to be hypersensitive, but in the Tweet format, this felt like a jab. With more character space, context could have been made, assuming his point was 'passing isn't everything' (though I'm not convinced it was, given Bennett's history of covering the Gophers).

Our take home message on this kind of stuff should be: PLEASE national media and opposing teams, PLEASE continue to look down on us or ignore us altogether. PLEASE let us continue to fly under the radar and give us the dismissive back of your hand. Feed us your jabs and snark. Don't take us seriously. Look past us. Worry about that helmet school coming in the following week.

At your peril.

I wonder if he'll finally make the trip to Minneapolis. I doubt it though, considering the Twin Cities just "aren't easily accessible."

Top Bottom