2014-2015 Gopher Women's Season Thread!

Why is she wearing VCU colors?

Worse yet, those are Iowa colors.

A minor thing, but that's just not thinking and/or lazy.

Lazy? Hey, the football team wears black socks....ooooo, Iowa color. She's wearing yellow (gold?) at least. Do you want her to come out wearing a maroon pant suit? Jesus. At least she wasn't 12 for 30 passing.

Lazy? Hey, the football team wears black socks....ooooo, Iowa color. She's wearing yellow (gold?) at least. Do you want her to come out wearing a maroon pant suit? Jesus. At least she wasn't 12 for 30 passing.

With the new black uniforms, it now all makes sense!

With Shae Kelley, Amanda Zawai B, Carlie Wagner, Rachael Banham and Coach Stallings.

should be a fun team to watch this year even thou its "just" womens basketball lol

Brenda Freese back at Williams Jan 11. go get em.

Date Opponent / Event Location Time / Result
Sun., Jan. 11 vs. Maryland * TV Minneapolis, Minn. 2:00 p.m. CT

She didn't throw for many yards either and no one cares...

Can't believe it has been that long since LW and the Wisconsin Shak made a deep push into the tournament. Looks like this team has a lot of the pieces to make a push again. I think it is time to make an early jump aboard the bandwagon of a new talented team - count me in.

Can't believe it has been that long since LW and the Wisconsin Shak made a deep push into the tournament. Looks like this team has a lot of the pieces to make a push again. I think it is time to make an early jump aboard the bandwagon of a new talented team - count me in.

You are a good man. Plenty of room on the wagon. Jump on.

GO GOPHERS!!!

Scrimmage with UWmil. Gophers 96 UWM 62.

Shae Kelly leads the team in points (23) and rebounds (7). Um, 9 for 9 from the field. She looks like a really, really good addition.

Shae Kelly leads the team in points (23) and rebounds (7). Um, 9 for 9 from the field. She looks like a really, really good addition.

Where are you finding these stats?

Teague Q&A with the Daily:

What have you seen from [head women’s basketball coach] Marlene Stollings since her arrival? Have you discussed any goals with her for her first year?

Marlene is doing a great job. Marlene is very focused and passionate about what she does. [Stollings] and her staff have an incredible work ethic. They really get after it. They recruited well. I’m thrilled about what they’ve done, and it’s going to be a lot of fun watching them on the floor.

As far as her goals, I know her goal is to get in the NCAA tournament and advance. She’s going to have high goals. Marlene is demanding of herself, so it’s going to be a fun ride.

Was it a priority to bring in an up-tempo style to the women’s program?

I think the kids enjoy [it], and it’s easier to recruit to an up-tempo program. But that wasn’t the only reason we hired Marlene. I’ve seen her in two different jobs do a really masterful job at programs that were challenging. And before that, she was at high Division I [programs], and I knew her there. So I’ve watched her grow, and when we were looking at coaches, she rose above the rest. It was an easy decision.

http://www.mndaily.com/sports/football/2014/10/30/teague-discusses-bundling-coaches

Go Gophers!!

Sunday Q&A: Gophers basketball freshman Carlie Wagner

"Carlie Wagner had a Minnesota high school career for the ages, leading New Richland-Hartland-Ellendale-Geneva to state championships in her junior and senior seasons while setting a record with 130 points in the tournament her senior year. Now Wagner is about to embark on her college career with the Gophers, and in advance of Minnesota’s first game Friday, she chatted with the Star Tribune’s Michael Rand."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/282056911.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Top Bottom