2014-2015 Gopher Women's Season Thread!

Why does a thread about Gopher Women Basketball have to turn into a pissing contest?

GO GOPHERS!!!

Looks like UND has a better TV arrangement than the Gophers.:rolleyes:

The terrible luck for the WBB team continues. Can't make it up. Rachel Banham's season looks to be done after what looks like a torn ACL. Heartbreaking to have to watch. She should be able to qualify to come back next season if the Gophers can reach postseason play of some kind, but this season is more than likely all but finished. She was the team.

Several Gophers must step up with Banham out.

"Before Monday’s practice, before the University of Minnesota women’s basketball team even took the court, there was a meeting in the locker room.

Rachel Banham had something to say.

“She was very strong in her delivery to them,” first-year Gophers coach Marlene Stollings said.

Her message? Banham was going to help her teammates any way she could, she would be involved, she would be on the bench.

“She doesn’t want to fade into the background,’’ Stollings said."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/286039181.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Gophers defeat arch-rival Liberty 74-60. AZB 17pts, 13 rebounds.

It would be huge if the Gophers could somehow pull off a win against Central Michigan tomorrow to finish the non-conference season with 11 wins. Unfortunately, I don't think that is likely. CMU is very good.

It would be huge if the Gophers could somehow pull off a win against Central Michigan tomorrow to finish the non-conference season with 11 wins. Unfortunately, I don't think that is likely. CMU is very good.

Is that a home game?

Gutsy win for the Gophers today over a pretty good CMU team. 67-64 comeback win. CMU lost to #13 Kentucky by only 3 points earlier this year. Minnesota ends non-conference play 11-1.

The big Swede with career high 27 points ; knocking down 2 free throws with 10 seconds left to get the win.

Ughh, who knows how good this team could have been with Banham in there.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

When Zahui gets some of the baby fat off her she'll be even better. I see the 6'2 Kelly jumps center.

Like the up tempo. Thing about Stallings is that she will recruit better overall athletes then Borton did.
She already has two highly regarded recruits coming in next year along the lines Kelly. Extremely quick and athletic.

Like the up tempo. Thing about Stallings is that she will recruit better overall athletes then Borton did.
She already has two highly regarded recruits coming in next year along the lines Kelly. Extremely quick and athletic.

Hopefully skilled too. Kelley may be quick and athletic, but she makes some awful decisions and isn't that skilled. I take her for what she is though.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Minnesota vs Nebraska

Tonight 8 PM on BTN

Go Gopher Gals!

Top Bottom