Gophers eliminate Purdue and illinois

JohnnyGopher

Reaction score
12-3 and 13-4.

Bats came alive today plus this is why you want that first round bye, we had Buske and Rosin throw alot of innings and saved the bullpen and we we're facing teams that had to play an extra game so they we're deep in there rotation.

Now we get loser of Indiana and OSU, not sure where we go with the pitching, Klabunde or Lubinsky and then Rasmussen, Sexton, Issackson.

We are a NCAA lock so all we are playing for is seed and a win over a bubble team like illinois will only help our RPI. Would kind of like to see Indiana win the auto bid so we get three teams inh, plus with the Hoosiers pitching, they could do some damage.

12-3 and 13-4.

Bats came alive today plus this is why you want that first round bye, we had Buske and Rosin throw alot of innings and saved the bullpen and we we're facing teams that had to play an extra game so they we're deep in there rotation.

Now we get loser of Indiana and OSU, not sure where we go with the pitching, Klabunde or Lubinsky and then Rasmussen, Sexton, Issackson.

We are a NCAA lock so all we are playing for is seed and a win over a bubble team like illinois will only help our RPI. Would kind of like to see Indiana win the auto bid so we get three teams inh, plus with the Hoosiers pitching, they could do some damage.

Agree. I would think that we would probably start either Lubinsky or Sexton. And if we win that first game, then I think the other would start the first game of the championship series. Obviously, we still need to win to get to that point, but that's where I would see it. Klabunde and Isaakson could also factor in. But the fact that our bullpen is basically completely (or at least mostly) rested at this point is a great thing heading into tomorrow. :)

Starting pitchers

I think this is a good situation for the Gophers to go through. It's almost the same situation they would face if they lost their first or second game in the NCAA regions. I'd pitch Sexton first and then Fern next. Then I'd go with Lubinsky on the last day if they didn't need him today.

I think this is a good situation for the Gophers to go through. It's almost the same situation they would face if they lost their first or second game in the NCAA regions. I'd pitch Sexton first and then Fern next. Then I'd go with Lubinsky on the last day if they didn't need him today.

You were close!!!! :D Fern got the start and was solid enough to get through four innings, which was almost a perfect setup for the bullpen later in the game. Hopefully Lubinsky can do the same!!!

Top Bottom