PiPress: David Cobb on pace for historic rushing season

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Cobb's 233-yard total offensive effort in Saturday's 30-14 win at Michigan was arguably the most memorable performance by a tailback under coach Jerry Kill at Minnesota.

"I definitely think that was one of the better games I've ever played even in high school," Cobb said. "I think it was just an all-around game, from the receiving end, pass protection and running the ball."

Thompson was impressed, too -- so much that he says it now puts Cobb in the conversation when talking about the top backs in team history.

"He could potentially crack it," Thompson said. "I think he has what it takes to play at the next level, quite honestly. I started to think that at the end of last year."

http://www.twincities.com/gophers/c...tball-david-cobb-pace-historic-rushing-season

Go Gophers!!

What's the single season rushing mark? Rushing TDs in a year?

Those would be very helpful things to include in an article like this one, Marcus.

EDIT: I am dumb. There is more to the article below the advertisement.

If Cobb hits 1800 yards it means we had a very good season as a team. We will win a lot of B1G games when Cobb rushes for 100 plus yards.

If Cobb hits 1800 yards it means we had a very good season as a team. We will win a lot of B1G games when Cobb rushes for 100 plus yards.

Perhaps he could add another 400+ yards receiving as well. We could see some big upsets at the end of the conference season if he's producing in the passing game too.

Perhaps he could add another 400+ yards receiving as well. We could see some big upsets at the end of the conference season if he's producing in the passing game too.

I absolutely LOVED the screen passes and underneath passes to Cobb last week. Can't wait to see more plays like that

Top Bottom