ESPN; Big Ten awards race tracker: Week 5 (Cobb 5th for Offensive POY)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Graham-George Offensive Player of the Year

5. Minnesota RB David Cobb: Our panel all agreed on the top five offensive candidates right now, though in different orders. Cobb has a strong argument for player of the year consideration because he's basically carrying the Gophers' offense. His 124 carries are the most in the FBS, and he's making the most of them.

Nagurski-Woodson Defensive Player of the Year

Also receiving votes: Minnesota LB Damien Wilson; Minnesota CB Briean Boddy-Calhoun; Penn State LB Mike Hull; Iowa DE Drew Ott

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/108288/big-ten-awards-race-tracker-week-5-3

Go Gophers!!

I'd take Cobb over all those guys except Abdullah.

I held the same position last year. Just waiting for everybody else to catch up.

:D

Different award, different thread. But that's ok, fuzzy.

I just figured our inevitable Heisman award winner would be better than fifth in the conference. Seems like the media hasn't gotten the memo. Someone might want to tell them that David Cobb is the best player in the Big Ten before they get surprised.

I don't know about you guys but I'm excited. Only 74 days till the Gophers are back in the national spotlight with our award winning RB. Where will he go first on his tour? Pasadena for the semi's seems realistic.

I just figured our inevitable Heisman award winner would be better than fifth in the conference. Seems like the media hasn't gotten the memo. Someone might want to tell them that David Cobb is the best player in the Big Ten before they get surprised.

I don't know about you guys but I'm excited. Only 74 days till the Gophers are back in the national spotlight with our award winning RB. Where will he go first on his tour? Pasadena for the semi's seems realistic.

Man, you really seem to have an issue with a few people being a bit too hyperbolic. The world will keep turning, I promise.

Fuzzy, you have now gone overboard with you sarcasm about Cobb. You are cool though.

Top Bottom