Dick Vitale's Top 40 - Gophers #32

He had Nebraska as the second highest ranked team in the conference. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at this point, but I just really don't think they're that much better than anyone else in the middle of the conference. Also had Iowa and Mudiay-less SMU in the top 25 ahead of us.

Iowa has a chance to be as good or better than they were last season, even without Marble. It'll help to be rid of the McCabe-White turmoil that helped bring down their season. Not an easy situation for a coach to deal with when that stuff happens, not to mention the health problems of Fran McCaffery's son.

Iowa has a chance to be as good or better than they were last season, even without Marble. It'll help to be rid of the McCabe-White turmoil that helped bring down their season. Not an easy situation for a coach to deal with when that stuff happens, not to mention the health problems of Fran McCaffery's son.

Marble was the only guy that could put the team on his back and score points when they needed it. He will not be easy to replace. I think they will end up finishing a little worse this year.

Can you elaborate on the McCabe/White turmoil? I missed that.

I was big on Iowa last year, thought they were the team to beat leading into the season. I also said Wisconsin sucked... So... I've got that going for me.

I'm confident Iowa will implode again! I also think they are giving Nebraska way too much credit. Gophers are where they should be. Right around the 30 mark.

Injuries or lack ofinjuries will decide the Gophers fate. We are due some good mojo from all the Mbawkwe/Hoffarber/Nolan years.

Can you elaborate on the McCabe/White turmoil? I missed that.

I was big on Iowa last year, thought they were the team to beat leading into the season. I also said Wisconsin sucked... So... I've got that going for me.

The moral of the story is never mess around with a teammate and/or friend's girlfriend. I was kind of wondering why McCabe always seemed so angry late in the season, but when I heard why it made sense.

Marble was the only guy that could put the team on his back and score points when they needed it. He will not be easy to replace. I think they will end up finishing a little worse this year.

Agreed or no better than the same.

Eff Dickie V. The guy has always been a complete idiot.

I wouldn't go that far. Probably no single person contributed as much to the explosion in the popularity of college basketball in the early- to-mid-eighties. Unfortunately, like Bobby Knight, he didn't quit before he got old.

I wouldn't go that far. Probably no single person contributed as much to the explosion in the popularity of college basketball in the early- to-mid-eighties. Unfortunately, like Bobby Knight, he didn't quit before he got old.

ummm

He's almost exactly like Bobby Knight.... Do you remember the games Bobby Knight has broadcast the last two years... His commentary is absolute ****.

The moral of the story is never mess around with a teammate and/or friend's girlfriend. I was kind of wondering why McCabe always seemed so angry late in the season, but when I heard why it made sense.

Nobody is happy when their GF bounces with a big tall ugly red headed kid...

Iowa and Nebraska

Agreed as well. This Iowa team has been pretty deep for about 3 years. The difference last year was that Marble was a senior and had the skill and desire to make those late game plays to pull out wins. I am not sure White has the ball handling ability to do that on his own but he is a fine player and they will be solid. Not sure about Jok's situation as he would probably take many of Marble's minutes. Nebraska could fall easily.

Agreed or no better than the same.

Top Bottom