Incredibly classy move by the Nebraska Marching Band

wmpp

Reaction score
This came across the UMMB Facebook feed today:

10604480_10152736763349819_2979958289745267501_o.jpg

A package arrived today in the office from our colleagues from the University of Nebraska Cornhusker Marching Band. It is quite beautiful and we agree completely, the Bands of the Big Ten are, indeed, one B1G Family.

Our sincere thanks to you for thinking of us and the family of Robert Brau during this time.

Wow, incredibly thoughtful. Thanks for sharing.

Go Gophers!!

Be careful. I live in Nebraska and they aren't as nice as they seem. Don't let them lull you to sleep! I even got a degree from there (two from the U though, so Minnesota gets my loyalty 100%), and every player drove an Escalade. There is a reason they win (other than having one of the easiest schedules in the country year after year).

Be careful. I live in Nebraska and they aren't as nice as they seem. Don't let them lull you to sleep! I even got a degree from there (two from the U though, so Minnesota gets my loyalty 100%), and every player drove an Escalade. There is a reason they win (other than having one of the easiest schedules in the country year after year).

Yes, obviously this gift was an attempt to lull unsuspecting Gopher Marching Band members to sleep.

Good lord.

Don't believe me...I don't trust any of them as far as I can throw them.

Great, classy gesture. Thanks UNMB.

Classy indeed. Nebraska was a great get for the B1G! If you are a true fan of college football, Lincoln is a must bucket list item. I have never been treated better before, during, or after a game. There is no better fan culture in college football. I know some will say it was only because they rolled us the last time in Lincoln. However, Nebraska fans proved otherwise by being nothing but complimentary and gracious in defeat last year at TCF. If you can make only one road game this year, make it Nebraska. And as an advanced reminder for next year's game at TCF, try and treat the Cornhusker fans better than they treat us. Save your hate for Iowa. And remember, Nebraska dislikes Iowa too ;-)

That's good stuff, and a nice gesture by the Nebraska band, on game day that is going to be a tough hard football game, but it was a nice rememberance of kindness from the Nebraska band to the Pride of Minnesota. Those kinds of things are not required, not even asked for but show's you what kind of stuff those University of Nebraska people are made of, the group members and faculty and staff.
This would now seem like it should be the one trip anually, planned for and hopefully they would fundraise for and endowment to make it happen, would be nice to see the Gopher band travel to Lincoln and each group return the favor each year.

Top Bottom