Heisman Watch: Cobb Should be in Contention

Deleted_User

Reaction score
David Cobb has been the dominant workhorse of the Minnesota offense. His numbers are very impressive through the first 5 games. Should the U put together a campaign to promote him to the voters? I would. This is the type of thing that should get recruits excited about the U at the top of the food chain.

David Cobb has been the dominant workhorse of the Minnesota offense. His numbers are very impressive through the first 5 games. Should the U put together a campaign to promote him to the voters? I would. This is the type of thing that should get recruits excited about the U at the top of the food chain.

Agreed. It might make sense to promote Cobb even if there is no real shot at it. Seems to me the added exposure would far outweigh any negative kickback due to promoting an unrealistic cause.

We should just try and get him to be an All American and stop this dream before it gets out of hand.

He's not even the best RB in the big ten. Abdullah is.

If we go 10-2 and he outshines the WI & NE RB's, maybe. Just put the campaign money toward the athletic facility fund.

If he continues to put up similar numbers and we win 8+ games he will start getting love.

Most people think he won't but look at Andre Williams on a 7-5 team last year.
Keep grinding and the rest will take care of itself.

We should just try and get him to be an All American and stop this dream before it gets out of hand.

Fuzzy, you are always so cheerful. :banghead::banghead:

Because the best player wins it every year :rolleyes:

Let's see what Abdullah does against Michigan State next week before anointing him best back in the conference. They haven't really played any good Ds yet.

Sparty's D, and O

Let's see what Abdullah does against Michigan State next week before anointing him best back in the conference. They haven't really played any good Ds yet.

Normally I'd agree, but Sparty's defense isn't nearly as stout this season. Still solid with several future NFL players on it, but they've given up quite a few "chunk" plays this season, and not only vs. Oregon. (so far) There are holes in the middle and back end of the defense.

Abdullah is a horse, and Nebraska is one offense that has given MSU trouble. I'll be surprised if he doesn't get at least 125 vs. Sparty, but I don't think Nebraska will be able to outscore MSU. MSU's offense is on another planet right now, the complete opposite of last year at this time.

Have to be first team all conference first.

He might not even be a top 3 back in the conference. Tevin Coleman leads the country in yards per game and is even more underrated than Cobb. And we all know about the other two.

Fuzzy - LOL - We have spelling police here but now you have taken on the role anti cheerful and happiness police. Keep up the good work! Without your diligence this thing could get out of control quickly. Nah, you don't need to worry about that Fuzzy.

Fuzzy - LOL - We have spelling police here but now you have taken on the role anti cheerful and happiness police. Keep up the good work! Without your diligence this thing could get out of control quickly. Nah, you don't need to worry about that Fuzzy.

Ok.

Cobb for Heisman! Gophers to the Rose Bowl!

Just wanted to point out that he's 11 yards shy of 2,000 for his career.

He's going to have to increase his numbers to even make it into the top 10 for the heisman.

But he does have a real shot of getting the Gophers rushing record. Maroney had 1,464 in 2005. Assuming we play in a bowl game and he doesn't get hurt, he'd have to average 93 yards a game the rest of the year.

He's going to have to increase his numbers to even make it into the top 10 for the heisman.

But he does have a real shot of getting the Gophers rushing record. Maroney had 1,464 in 2005. Assuming we play in a bowl game and he doesn't get hurt, he'd have to average 93 yards a game the rest of the year.

Dude, quit being such a debbie downer. We're going to the Rose Bowl on the back of David Cobb's Heisman year, and Leidner is getting the O'Brien award right after he leads us to a 56-7 win over Wisconsin with 4 passing touchdowns to clinch the West. Didn't you hear?

And you better get ready for GameDay coming to Minneapolis for the Iowa game. They just announced that one.

Top 10 single-season rushing totals:
1. Maroney 1464 - 2005
2. Chris Darkins 1443 - 1994
3. Thomas Hamner 1426 - 1999
4. Darrell Thompson 1376 - 1986
5. Tellis Redmon 1368 - 2000
6. Maroney 1348 - 2004
7. Terry Jackson 1317 - 2002
8. Amir Pinnix 1272 - 2006
9. Darrell Thompson 1229 - 1987
10. Marion Barber II 1210 - 1978

Normally I'd agree, but Sparty's defense isn't nearly as stout this season. Still solid with several future NFL players on it, but they've given up quite a few "chunk" plays this season, and not only vs. Oregon. (so far) There are holes in the middle and back end of the defense.

Abdullah is a horse, and Nebraska is one offense that has given MSU trouble. I'll be surprised if he doesn't get at least 125 vs. Sparty, but I don't think Nebraska will be able to outscore MSU. MSU's offense is on another planet right now, the complete opposite of last year at this time.

Can you imagine if they had this year's offense with last year's defense?

Top Bottom