It was a good win to be sure, but let's watch ourselves w/ any silly hyperbole on GH

supadupafly

Reaction score
Not that I have seen too much thus far to be fair. Just saying to some of the usual suspects please don't go over the top and start with any embarrassingly over the top hyperbolic threads on what this win means for the rest of the season. Don't get me wrong, I love beating Michigan in the fashion that we did and it was an awesome game to watch and root for the Gophers. It truly was. Simply trying to say, like Coach Kill did after the game yesterday, that it is just one B1G game, there are many more to be played, and that we simply need to get back to work and keep on trucking.

Go Gophers! Ski-U-Mah!

What it means to me is that I can be giddy for one day (yesterday) and happy for the next 2 weeks until we play Northwestern.

Win with class, lose with dignity. That goes for fans too.

I've been thinking this ever since we won. I wish all the talk about starting 7-1 or 8-2 would cease. Please worry and focus on Northwestern. They r wounded and trying to salvage their season. They will play at 110% when they come to town. I'm so glad we have the bye week to come down from this high. One game at a time folks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been thinking this ever since we won. I wish all the talk about starting 7-1 or 8-2 would cease. Please worry and focus on Northwestern. They r wounded and trying to salvage their season. They will play at 110% when they come to town. I'm so glad we have the bye week to come down from this high. One game at a time folks!!!

Simply trying to say, like Coach Kill did after the game yesterday, that it is just one B1G game, there are many more to be played, and that we simply need to get back to work and keep on trucking.

Fans looking ahead have no bearing on the results on the field. People should post what they want.

Funny how that works.

Plus spudfly is the king of hyperbole.

+4

sudapfly is an internet traffic cop ala dr don, always telling posters what they should and shouldn't post about.

looking ahead to the schedule, I really think we can start 5-0 in big ten play. what do others think?

If it is overly silly, hyperbolic statements you crave, come to this site after a loss (or less-than-perfect wins even).

+4

looking ahead to the schedule, I really think we can start 5-0 in big ten play. what do others think?

Good question. I think we'll be favored in at least two of these games and the Illinois game on the road is winnable as well. That leads us to the Iowa game! That will be rocking!

+4

Yes, I think we CAN, but I don't think we WILL. Minnesota seemed to win all of its "winnable" games (except the bowl game of course) last season but one can't expect that every season.

Generally speaking, fans are most positive right after a win and most negative right after a loss.

If it is overly silly, hyperbolic statements you crave, come to this site after a loss (or less-than-perfect wins even).

Anyone that thinks we are a rabid/over the top fan base clearly doesn't read other teams message boards, doesn't travel to road games, etc. Our fans, and this site, are incredibly rationale and timid compared to 99% of college football fan bases and sites.

Anyone that thinks we are a rabid/over the top fan base clearly doesn't read other teams message boards, doesn't travel to road games, etc. Our fans, and this site, are incredibly rationale and timid compared to 99% of college football fan bases and sites.

About as spot on as a post can be.

The worst was the ABC play by play idiot saying that is was the biggest win in the history of the program.

Funny how that works.

Plus spudfly is the king of hyperbole.

I love that I basically own you, old man. Don't even have to try and still get under your skin. It makes me happy how much I apparently annoy you. smh. :rolleyes:

I love that I basically own you, old man. Don't even have to try and still get under your skin. It makes me happy how much I apparently annoy you. smh. :rolleyes:

Intersting take.

Have you heard from Parski lately?

Good point Supa.

Which style do you guys like better? Personally, I think the FSU one is a little gaudy.

2013-Florida-State-Seminoles-font-b-FSU-b-font-Customize-BCS-National-font-b-Championship-b.jpg
mEoj2p_Ain07lIt5PXEmIbA.jpg

superfly, killjoy, and highwayman.

The gang of 3 constantly patrolling GH to control the message and making sure all posts are to their liking. I'm shocked these three can sleep at night with all these random opinions floating around on the internet....

I just want the team and coaches to stay focused on Northwestern.

superfly, killjoy, and highwayman.

The gang of 3 constantly patrolling GH to control the message and making sure all posts are to their liking. I'm shocked these three can sleep at night with all these random opinions floating around on the internet....

I don't mean to be rude John, but I get a lot out of what those guys post. Maybe you can throw me in to that group as well, but I consider them solid, on point posters.

Plus, would you rather have Parski or Wren here all the time? Now that's crazy.

I don't mean to be rude John, but I get a lot out of what those guys post. Maybe you can throw me in to that group as well, but I consider them solid, on point posters.

Plus, would you rather have Parski or Wren here all the time? Now that's crazy.

Speaking of wren, where is that guy?

Top Bottom