What, if anything, happens now to Brady Hoke?

Wahoo McDaniel

Reaction score
Will Hoke continue to coach at Michigan? Wll the can him during this current season? After the season? Bring back Lloyd Carr or even think about Rich Rodriguez?

I want him to stay so Minnesota can start owning them for a very long stretch.

Nothing will happen.....he lost to the west division champion...nothing to be ashamed of :D

He'll get to coach until the end of the year. He'll be fired immediately after getting spanked by OSU.

He'll get to coach until the end of the year. He'll be fired immediately after getting spanked by OSU.

Unless they make a drastic turnaround over the remainder of the season I don't see any way he isn't fired after the season based on what they have done to this point. I would think it would probably take a Division champoinship and for sure a win over Ohio State to have any shot of saving his job. Given how they have looked in their first 5 games I don't see that happening.

He should be fired not only for a terrible record going back a year or so, but for keeping a seriously injured QB in when he was obviously in distress and not functioning anyway.

He should be fired not only for a terrible record going back a year or so, but for keeping a seriously injured QB in when he was obviously in distress and not functioning anyway.

I am amazed they stuck with Morris as long as they did. Wonder if there is more going on there behind the scenes in terms of the QB switch because it certainly seemed like it would have made a lot of sense to make the switch back to Gardner far sooner given how things were going on offense.

I am amazed they stuck with Morris as long as they did. Wonder if there is more going on there behind the scenes in terms of the QB switch because it certainly seemed like it would have made a lot of sense to make the switch back to Gardner far sooner given how things were going on offense.

If I'm not mistaken, Hoke said before the game that Morris was starting and he was NOT going to switch QB's.

If nothing else, I give him credit for sticking to that as long as humanly possible. But ridiculously stupid.

Granted as a Gopher fan, I wish Morris could play QB for every team we face the rest of the year...

Come on down Jim Harbaugh!

Michigan fires him on Monday.

Jim Harbaugh leaves San Francisco amid turmoil with ownership and the front office and gets paid $8+ million a year to coach the Wolverines.

Michigan fires him on Monday.

Jim Harbaugh leaves San Francisco amid turmoil with ownership and the front office and gets paid $8+ million a year to coach the Wolverines.

The crazy thing is that if they honestly thought Harbaugh would come they would probably do just what you laid out there.

I am amazed they stuck with Morris as long as they did. Wonder if there is more going on there behind the scenes in terms of the QB switch because it certainly seemed like it would have made a lot of sense to make the switch back to Gardner.

Apparently he was the only Michigan QB that knew where his helmet was.

The crazy thing is that if they honestly thought Harbaugh would come they would probably do just what you laid out there.

Not that my opinion matters, and often is very wrong, but I give about a 0.00001% chance Harbaugh comes to rescue Michigan.

They just said on the BTN that this is the first time Michigan has EVER lost 3 games in September. I would say there is a very good probability that he is either fired or resigns tomorrow or Monday.

Morris

Apparently he was the only Michigan QB that knew where his helmet was.

I don't ever think I have seen a Michigan QB get crap kicked out of him like Morris did in this game! Nice game plan by Claeys and execution by his defense!

We were clearly the better team today.

I don't know if he gets fired Monday but unless there is some unbelievable turnaround, he has to be gone at season's end. My gosh, QB can't find a helmet, (that's coaching). Gardner does move them down the field to score but at a snail's pace. They needed 3 scores at that point...maybe hurry up a little...late 3rd early 4th whenever it became 3 scores (that's coaching). #4 came in early and ate us up...Michigan scores in what? 4 plays on the ground? They come back out and #4 doesn't touch the ball. (that's coaching) Just so many things. Our defensive line played awesome but are we that good or is Michigan's offensive line that bad? They "select" their incoming
players. No excuse. (that's coaching)

Most obvious thing: under almost zero circumstances did he want to put Gardner in the game. Gardner not being in QB sideline meetings with the coach...all very odd. Definitely a story in there about Gardner and Hoke.

I don't ever think I have seen a Michigan QB get crap kicked out of him like Morris did in this game! Nice game plan by Claeys and execution by his defense!

It was very similar to what MSU did to them last year. This defense is legit and if they can find a capable replacement of Wilson next year, they will be even better.

It was very similar to what MSU did to them last year. This defense is legit and if they can find a capable replacement of Wilson next year, they will be even better.

From what I have seen, Jack Lynn will be a capable replacement.

Isn't he playing OLB though?

Yes. However, he was 2nd string MLB last year and moved to the outside this year as he was too good to sit behind Wilson. I suspect they will move him back next year.

IQB can't find a helmet, (that's coaching). .

I agree with you more at of time. Helmet babysitting isn't one of them. It is the players problem to either wear their helmet at all times or make the player hold it at all times. Maybe it is the coaches job to make that the rule.

I agree with you more at of time. Helmet babysitting isn't one of them. It is the players problem to either wear their helmet at all times or make the player hold it at all times. Maybe it is the coaches job to make that the rule.

Yup. Organization, communication and discipline. #1 was injured. #2 was in the game and it was not the first play either. #3 has to know he is next up...he's going to be nervous... he didn't expect to play...communication when Gardner went in with #3 needed to happen.

Let's see. The #1 QB can't walk straight. The #2 has been in the game for more than 10 seconds. The #3 isn't responsible for knowing this, but rather the head coach should stop what he's doing and make sure #3 knows where his helmet is, in case he needs to come into the game for some reason?

Top Bottom