Signature Win?

Is the Michigan beatdown a signature victory?

• Total voters

pharmacygopher

114 Row 11
Reaction score
Do you consider this victory a signature win for Kill and the Gophers??

I know Michigan is down but it's Michigan....it's a helmet school....and it's the Little Brown Jug

No. Michigan is too far down to make this more than a standard W.

I do, but suspect GH's will start playing this win down in 3, 2, 1...

I went with Yes for the same reason. Michigan sucks this year, but we almost NEVER beat them and we dominated the game. The fact we dominated is what makes it signature.

In 2005 we caught Michigan sleeping late in the game but both teams were pretty even. This year it was complete domination & to be honest I don't think Gardner would've made a difference. He looked good for 1 drive, Claeys adjusted & made him look as bad as he's been since the beginning of the Season.

No matter how bad Michigan is, winning in front of 100,000 Michigan fans is hard. That was a great win

13 point underdogs in a trophy game that you haven't won in 9 years? And... You TOTALLY dominate on the road to win? Only a Minnesota fan would think to understate this.

Michigan good or bad they have always had the edge this is not about how bad Michigan is it's about turning a page... No one outside of the Gopher Nation will understand how big this win is! Ski-U- Mah!!!

Now being a person that lives in the real world enjoy today but put that Jug in the case and on to the next!!

It was a great win, no doubt... but we need a win against a team that isn't "slumping/self-distructing."

When we beat Ohio State later in the season, that will be the signature win!

Yes just for the mentality of the program. They got over the Michigan hurdle today. And if they stay focus they have a very favorable schedule coming up

Nationally, not a signature. But the national scene can suck it.

Regionally, and for Minnesota fans, this is gigantic and quite emotional. So I answered yes.

13 point underdogs in a trophy game that you haven't won in 9 years? And... You TOTALLY dominate on the road to win? Only a Minnesota fan would think to understate this.

Could not agree more with you Schnauze!

I would consider this a signature win. Michigan is down, but it's a rivalry game that we never win. It's gonna help in recruiting.

Beating Wisconsin or Ohio State would be a bigger signature win, but I still consider this a signature win.

Beat Iowa. Beat Wisconsin. I want a picture with all 4 of these trophies at the same time.

It was a great win, no doubt... but we need a win against a team that isn't "slumping/self-distructing."

When we beat Ohio State later in the season, that will be the signature win!

Except they don't have their starter QB either...oh dear.

This is a great win. Michigan still has a very highly rated roster if you believe in these things, and the gophers showed what determination, coaching, and want-to are capable of. Hoke is weak at the QB position and the offensive line. That's on him. I'm not aware of a rash of injuries. Big win.

No. Michigan is too far down to make this more than a standard W.

Never a standard win when the team beats a rival like Michigan. I agree that its not a "program definining win" however.

No not a signature win.

This Michigan team might be top 3 worst in their history.

Anyone who doesn't at least think this is a GREAT win must've missed Michigan-Minnesota 2008... when we were actually FAVORED...

As bad as Michigan may be, it is still Michigan and is a great win.

Michigan may be down but they still have many advantages that we don't have at this point. 100,000 people at every game, better facilities and higher rated recruits. Wins like this show that we can compete with those types of teams and that the worm can turn. Signature.

We ripped the Jug from meatchicken!!! At the big house!!!
Hell Yeah it's signature win.

Need a third choice for too early to tell.

To me a signature win is one that propels the team to bigger and better things. It is a great win, especially when you consider how few times we have beaten them in recent history. To be a signature win it needs to propel the team into contention for the West division or something along those lines.

Don't care. Doesn't really matter. Just enjoying the win and watching the players when they got the Jug!!!

This was an awesome win. When we beat OSU at home on November 15th, that will be our signature win.

Top Bottom