What grade would you give Mitch Leidner in game at Michigan?

• A

Votes: 84 49.4%
  • B

Votes: 82 48.2%
  • C

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

A.

He plays like that all year and we have a real chance to win the West. Our defense is SO good. I know Michigan's offense is a dumpster fire, but our defense is SO good.

I gave him a B. Not perfect but good enough.

I gave him a B as well, but he was everything we needed today. David Cobb and Maxx Williams get A+ and so does the defense. And to think the defense dropped 3 or 4 INT's and a few were pick sixes.

A. Timely throws. Led with poise. Made some errors but didn't let it control him. It's exactly what we ask of him

B. Did what he needed to do, completed the easy passes, made some really nice throws to Maxx with good placement too. If he plays that way consistently and also gets his legs back this offense will take a big step forward

B. He was solid, and that's all we need.

Now get healthy over these two weeks.

Gave him an "A."

Limegrover opened things up a bit and I think Mitch does better when he can get a rhythm. Still sails a few and is a bit slow on some reads. But he was solid and then some today.

B+ he missed some swing passes badly, but looked night and day different than OOC

I gave him a B. If he plays B ball the rest of the year, we'll have a great season

For Mitch it was an A game. If Drew Brees is an A and Shane Morris is an F. I'd say he had a good B- in comparison. I gave him an A since this was his best game.

I give a "B", but that's a good grade. He missed a few, so I can't really give him an"A", but he played well overall. I think this game is a confidence builder for him and he will only get better. Nice game, Mitch, Gophers. Lots of fun for us fans!

Does guts count? I think it does, and this is an easy "A" for Leidner.

Anyone who disagrees, remind me of all the quarterbacks who've beaten Michigan in the last 40 years, and how many did it on one leg?

And I might add, one leg but still scored a rushing TD that was the biggest play of the day. (If we settle for a field goal on that drive, it is a very different game.)

B. And with our running game and D that is all he really has to be. Just be solid and hit open receivers when they r there. He did that today. Great job Mitch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B-/B. Good game for Leidner. We can win lots of games if he plays like he did today or better.

Yes. Lots of Gopher QBs have had strong running games to back them up, and some have had good defenses, and some have faced lesser Michigan teams. But when you get right down to it,how many of them actually beat Michigan?

Does anyone remember the Michigan game last year? How Mitch fumbled early to set up their first score and they pinned us at the 1 late in the second quarter, which led to a 14-7 lead at half. This year he engineers a drive for our go-ahead score. Anyone aware of Kill's records leading (17-0) and trailing (0-22) at half? Mitch was poised, efficient, made many key big plays to lead this team to a big win. He has room to improve, but all the naysaying gloom and doomers should learn to enjoy this ride. It's continually upward and great things are in store for us in the next couple of years.

Does anyone remember the Michigan game last year? How Mitch fumbled early to set up their first score and they pinned us at the 1 late in the second quarter, which led to a 14-7 lead at half. This year he engineers a drive for our go-ahead score. Anyone aware of Kill's records leading (17-0) and trailing (0-22) at half? Mitch was poised, efficient, made many key big plays to lead this team to a big win. He has room to improve, but all the naysaying gloom and doomers should learn to enjoy this ride. It's continually upward and great things are in store for us in the next couple of years.

Yeah, there were a few guys who constantly brought up Mitch's fumbles. So you've finally forgiven him then? :D

The only grading standard within the Carlson school at the U of M is that the median is a B+ (for upper level classes). If comparing his performance to every other Power 5 starting QB I would give him an A- for his efforts today - very good, but not elite. If comparing him to his past performances over the last year I would give him a straight A. Definitely his best effort yet.

Hopefully he (and Limegrover on the play calls) keeps this up.

Top Bottom