Date of first Gopher Scrimmage open to public...anyone?

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
There are very few opps for outstate football fans to watch Gopher hoops. Last year Mrs Bayfield and I took in a scrimmage and also the Lehigh game during two of our football weekends.

There is no home football/basketball weekend scheduled this Fall. Bummer. I'm guessing the scrimmage will be the last weekend in October which is a bye week for football.

Just a bump to say MB and (I think) ND fans would appreciate as well, especially if it could be combined with Gopher hockey or Vikings football (shudder but it sells- bring them down for Vikings, let them leave Gopher fans).

FWIW, my understanding is that 250 Manitobans own Vikings season tickets. It is a niche crowd but not as small as people imagine. I am sure there are at least 500 Canadians (people come from Ontario and Saskatchewan as well) at every Vikings game. They will go to other games and spend money on beer, food, and souvenirs.

Why not a Gopher week-end of Basketball Friday, football Saturday day, Hockey saturday night? Would be easy enough to do.

Just a bump to say MB and (I think) ND fans would appreciate as well, especially if it could be combined with Gopher hockey or Vikings football (shudder but it sells- bring them down for Vikings, let them leave Gopher fans).

FWIW, my understanding is that 250 Manitobans own Vikings season tickets. It is a niche crowd but not as small as people imagine. I am sure there are at least 500 Canadians (people come from Ontario and Saskatchewan as well) at every Vikings game. They will go to other games and spend money on beer, food, and souvenirs.

Why not a Gopher week-end of Basketball Friday, football Saturday day, Hockey saturday night? Would be easy enough to do.

Do the jiggle clubs here take loonies?

Man this board is slow. I guess this is the only downside to filling our class out early! Can't wait for hoops season!!

Bump....

Any updates on public scrimmage or Mid-night Madness?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Man this board is slow. I guess this is the only downside to filling our class out early! Can't wait for hoops season!!

I was thinking the same thing. We were following recruiting news heavily this time last year, all the way through the spring signing period. Nice to have our class buttoned up though.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom