Gophers Picked First in B1G Preseason Poll

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per GopherSports:

Gopher Hockey will head into the 2014-15 campaign as the Big Ten’s preseason favorite, the conference announced on Wednesday at the 2015 Big Ten Hockey Media Day at Joe Louis Arena. Minnesota also led all conference schools with five selections to the annual Big Ten Preseason Players to Watch list.

The defending Big Ten regular-season champions and national runner-up at the Frozen Four, Minnesota led the preseason coaches’ poll, followed by Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan State and Penn State.

Additionally, Kyle Rau, Adam Wilcox, Mike Reilly, Sam Warning and Brady Skjei representing the Maroon & Gold on the preseason watch list. A total of 16 Big Ten players earned recognition on the list including six unanimous choices – three of them being Gophers (Rau, Wilcox, Reilly).

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/092414aaa.html

Go Gophers!!

You really get the feeling that this has to be the year if we want a national title. We kind of shot the moon in terms of no one leaving early when we had a lot of kids who could have, and next year we lose a lot to graduation and I bet some of the under classmen don't pass up the NHL for two years in a row. We are built to compete this year, and I like our chances against anyone in the country.

If this team stays healthy, there is no one else in the nation I would say matches up with their talent. All about mindset, execution, and getting hot at the right time. This team will be right there come spring. Let's get it done, it's been far too long without a title.

All the pieces are in place. There is talent and depth at every position. No reason not to at least win the Big Ten and make it to the Frozen Four again. After that, it all comes down to execution and hopefully getting a few bounces.

Top Bottom