When Will They Break out the Gold Helmets?

Which Home Game Will We Wear the Gold Helmets?

• 10/11 - vs. Northwestern

Votes: 29 34.5%
  • 10/18 - vs. Purdue

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • 11/08 - vs. Iowa

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • 11/15 - vs. Ohio State

Votes: 12 14.3%

• Total voters

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
We know we have them, the only question is what game do they finally wear them in?

Edit - I am assuming we will break them out in a home game. Would be really surprised to see them for the first time on the road.

Well if it was Maturi running things, it would be against Iowa because it would blend in with Iowa yellow. But now that we have Norwood, I'd guess Ohio St.

Edit - I am assuming we will break them out in a home game. Would be really surprised to see them for the first time on the road.

IIRC the only time we wore white helmets with Brewster was @Wisconsin, not sure if we wore them other times but i do remember white helmets in Camp Randall.

Well if it was Maturi running things, it would be against Iowa because it would blend in with Iowa yellow. But now that we have Norwood, I'd guess Ohio St.

I'd be disappointed if we had to wait all the way to the OSU game.

I'd like to see the gold helmets worn for all road games - to keep the "Golden Gopher" brand going. Prefer the traditional maroon/gold outfit for home games, with maroon helmets.

I think we use them vs Northwestern and vs Ohio State.

IIRC the only time we wore white helmets with Brewster was @Wisconsin, not sure if we wore them other times but i do remember white helmets in Camp Randall.

No biggy, but we did wear them @Purdue... his last game.

e.bigelows +1. Another +1.

With this year's Homecoming motto being "Forever Gold", it makes me think that will be the first game they break them out. But, then again, you never know.

With this year's Homecoming motto being "Forever Gold", it makes me think that will be the first game they break them out. But, then again, you never know.

Sound reasoning. Of course the first home game of the year was also a "gold out" which would also have made a lot of sense. I could definitely see it being the homecoming game.

That is why I agree. And you are right...one never knows.

I think you're right about the gold helmets coming out during homecoming. It wouldn't surprise me if they also announce a "maroon out" that day.

Inside info or just your best guess?

I could pretend i have a "source" but no it's just speculation based on what's been discussed with homecoming being a big deal and the theme.

I would think either Northwestern or Ohio State. They will stick out more as Iowa and Purdue are also gold.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would think either Northwestern or Ohio State. They will stick out more as Iowa and Purdue are also gold.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This. It's why I picked NW and O$U as well.... everyone thinks Purdont but they have gold lids too

This. It's why I picked NW and O$U as well.... everyone thinks Purdont but they have gold lids too
Purdue also has black helmets too not that it really matters as even if both teams wore their gold helmets they aren't really the same color.

Yes, I understand its a different color/shade of gold.... but personal opinion, I think the Gold Gopher helmets would 'pop' more when purple NW than Purdue. I mean.. what better way for our B1G home opener, after a big Mich win then to show off the new lids?..

For me, the answers should be "as soon as possible" and going forward "anytime we wear gold pants". This should also never be gold jersey days. Love the M-G-M combo, and would love to see the reverse be our only two home sets. Can live with all Maroon and I consider listening to the radio when we go all gold.

For those of you who follow this stuff, looks like the team wore the Gold helmets at practice today. Per Gopher football tweet below. Foreshadowing to wearing them for the Northwestern game perhaps?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Love the gold helmets with maroon shirts and gold pants.

I like the gold helmets but I with they didn't have the strip down the middle. Make them the same as the Maroon ones.

Looks like they are promoting Gopher Gold for homecoming next week against Purdue on the gophersports website.

My guess is:

Saturday vs NW- Gold/Maroon/Gold

Nov 18 vs Pur- Maroon/Gold/Maroon

Since they are practicing with them on, I'm going to guess it's to get used to them before this weekend's game against Northwestern.

Since they are practicing with them on, I'm going to guess it's to get used to them before this weekend's game against Northwestern.

Yep, I would say this points very clearly to them using them this weekend against Northwestern.

Top Bottom