STrib: Kill says the Gophers aren't afraid to keep riding Cobb

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Joe:

With David Cobb slicing and dicing through San Jose State’s defense, the Gophers kept giving him the ball Saturday. He finished 207 yards on 34 carries, the highest number of carries for a Gophers running back since Amir Pinnix had 34 in the Insight Bowl loss to Texas Tech in 2006.

“My dad taught me a long time ago, if you’ve got a good horse, ride him,” coach Jerry Kill said Sunday. “[Cobb] was a hot back at that time, seeing things well. And there will be a time when it won’t be that clean, and you’ll put another one in. But why take him out, if he’s doing what he’s doing? We subbed him some, but sometimes David gets better as the game goes on.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/275936591.html

Go Gophers!!

34 is too many. I remember when we practically exhausted Maroney against Purdue early in the season.

Ride him now...we will have plenty of games later this year that we trail in and have to throw the ball where Cobb wont get as many...we can win 7 games on his back if he stays healthy...nobody else on the team can deliver what Cobb can.

Agree 55. I'd be happy with 20 some carries. and put the other 14 snaps into a passing attack.

Probably one of the Greatest College Football Coaches, John McKay when asked,Some observers were appalled. “Isn’t there anything you can do besides run the tailback?” they asked. “Why is he carrying the ball so much?”

“Why not?” he said. “The ball isn’t very heavy. And besides, he doesn’t belong to a union.”

Probably one of the Greatest College Football Coaches, John McKay when asked,Some observers were appalled. “Isn’t there anything you can do besides run the tailback?” they asked. “Why is he carrying the ball so much?”

“Why not?” he said. “The ball isn’t very heavy. And besides, he doesn’t belong to a union.”
Precious

Top Bottom