Who has gone to the big house?

walleyeking

Reaction score
I'm thinking of making the trip to Michigan. Feel free to add your experiences good or bad.

Great tailgating and stadium experience. Been once - will go again. Not this year tho

Great tailgating and stadium experience. Been once - will go again. Not this year tho

Interesting take. It's been 10+ years since I've been to the Big House, but I wasn't as impressed as you. Tailgating scene was fine, but the stadium itself was disappointing.
Yeah, it's big, but that was it. We got to the stadium very early. It seemed cavernous. It didn't have an intimidating feel that other Big 10 stadiums can have. I've been to seven Big 10 stadiums. I'd put Michigan at #6, above Purdue, and believe it or not, right below Northwestern. I realize I'm probably in the minority, but that's my take.

Went last year. Really awesome. Everything is first class and it is like going back in a time machine for the CFB experience. No adds and music blaring between plays and time outs. Only thing they are selling is the U of Michigan. If you go, make sure to check out the law library. It is really something.

I wen't last year. Walking to the stadium, people in houses would call me and my friends over and we would do shots with them.. it was crazy and they were all super nice, ended up hanging out with them after the game. Then again we were all 22 year old females.

We sat in the Michigan student family and friends section because our friend was dating a Michigan player at the time. It was awkward sitting with the families in our Minnesota stuff. Oh well. I honestly was underwhelmed with the experience of being in the Big House. It wasn't as loud as I expected it.

But with that being said it was a great experience. We obviously had dinner at the Little Brown Jug which was great. Ann Arbor has so many non-chain restaurants that are amazing- on State St. So if you go and eat at a chain, shame on you.

After my trip, I ended up going back a month or so later to hang out with the friends I made and I still talk to them to this day. So great game day atmosphere leading up to the game. (It also helps that they always beat us so they don't look at us like the enemies, almost feel bad for us, so share alcohol)

It has to be the quietest 100,000+ stadium I have been at. Nowhere near some of the Big stadiums. Best Knoxville, TN.

I went in 2005, and the tailgating was really good. We stopped to have a beer at the Little Brown Jug before the game. It was quiet for 100k just like everyone says, but it was as quiet as a morgue after we sealed the win.

The fans were nice to us even in the loss, probably because they never see us as a threat to beat them. It's definitely worth the trip though!

I wen't last year. Walking to the stadium, people in houses would call me and my friends over and we would do shots with them.. it was crazy and they were all super nice, ended up hanging out with them after the game. Then again we were all 22 year old females.

We sat in the Michigan student family and friends section because our friend was dating a Michigan player at the time. It was awkward sitting with the families in our Minnesota stuff. Oh well. I honestly was underwhelmed with the experience of being in the Big House. It wasn't as loud as I expected it.

But with that being said it was a great experience. We obviously had dinner at the Little Brown Jug which was great. Ann Arbor has so many non-chain restaurants that are amazing- on State St. So if you go and eat at a chain, shame on you.

After my trip, I ended up going back a month or so later to hang out with the friends I made and I still talk to them to this day. So great game day atmosphere leading up to the game. (It also helps that they always beat us so they don't look at us like the enemies, almost feel bad for us, so share alcohol)

That is an advantage ya know.:cool02:

The stadium is much louder now than it was pre-press box/suites addition. Still not Earth shattering, but not silent like is was.

It was my very first Gopher road game back in 1992. It was HUGE... the crowd was so loud it was ridiculous...

Should have a lot of fun... the Big House is always an adventure...

Top Bottom