PiPress: Wild coach Mike Yeo builds rapport with Gophers coach Don Lucia

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Pioneer Press:

University of Minnesota men's hockey coach Don Lucia took in the Wild's first day of training camp Friday and has built a relationship with Wild coach Mike Yeo.

The two met and Yeo said he's had meetings to discuss hockey and coaching with Lucia and Minnesota-Duluth coach Scott Sandelin.

"For me, it's how lucky am I that we've got all these Division I colleges here," Yeo said. "When we meet, this is not a one-sided conversation. I think that they were hoping to come in and see and hear about some of the things that we're doing, but at the same time it's an opportunity for us to bounce everything off of them. These are resources that I'm very lucky to have. It's been a great experience."

http://www.twincities.com/wild/ci_26574827/wild-coach-mike-yeo-builds-rapport-gophers-coach

Go Gophers!!

I would think Yeo/Lucia, Zimmer/Kill, Flip/Pitino all have unique relationships as they can bounce ideas off each other, attend practices when schedules permit and the like.

Great to see that Yeo and Lucia are able to recognize the opportunity in having a pro and college team in the same town, rather than complaining about he other one crowding out the market.

Top Bottom