Heading into Big Ten play, the Gophers are?...

How are the Gophers heading into BT play?

• Better than expected

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Same as I expected

Votes: 36 28.1%
  • Worse than I expected

Votes: 89 69.5%

• Total voters

Stan

Reaction score
Better than you thought they'd be?

The same as you thought we'd be?

Worse than you thought they'd be?

Better than you thought they'd be?

The same as you thought we'd be?

Worse than you thought they'd be?

In huge trouble and headed for 1 B1G win, 2 if they're lucky.

In huge trouble and headed for 1 B1G win, 2 if they're lucky.

Illinois and Purdue are almost gimmes. Not sure who else we can beat though. Maybe Northwestern if we get lucky and make it to a bowl.

Illinois and Purdue are almost gimmes. Not sure who else we can beat though. Maybe Northwestern if we get lucky and make it to a bowl.

Northwestern is also a gimme and Iowa and Michigan look terrible. 3-5 Big Ten wins for me.

Northwestern is also a gimme and Iowa and Michigan look terrible. 3-5 Big Ten wins for me.

The last time we played decently against Michigan - no matter how bad their team was - was 2005.

Seeing how you were one of the biggest TCU is a gimme posters around you might want to hold off with the gimmie for any game the Gophers play.

D and special teams are better than last year, which is surprising. And Cobb is a stud. But without the ability to complete a forward pass they are not going to win more than 1 or 2 BT games. Their only saving grace is that other than MSU the rest of the conference is a dumpsterfire

I think we'll be favored in 2, but somehow win 3.

I would be tempted to say the defense and special teams are slightly better then expected. The offense is significantly worse then expected.

It is possible we have as bad a B!G season as Brewster's worst.

I would be tempted to say the defense and special teams are slightly better then expected. The offense is significantly worse then expected.

Special teams had one bad penalty today which let a drive continue. We had WAY too many penalties today. We are one of those teams that if the Defense doesn't directly lead to 2 or 3 scores, we're going to lose.

Given our one dimensional offense, lucky as hell to be playing Michigan who may become a 5-alarm dumpster fire after today's game against Utah.

Generally pleased with the non-offense elements of the 2014 Golden Gophers.

Increasingly befuddled on the passing game...or lack thereof.

I think the only way it would be worse is to try more passes that result in interceptions.

I'm sure this is front and center in the coaches' minds, but it is certainly something that does not seem to be improving.

As I told Mrs. Billd all that we needed today was to get the W and not have anyone get hurt. Seems like we accomplished that goal.

Go Gophers! Get The Jug!

Not as sharp as I expected. Just not playing crisply.

Cobb is good. D is good. I see a lot of close games in the B1G.

Not sure if we can do it again, but Nebraska is the most overrated team in football right now. McNese State was no fluke, the Cornholers haven't played ANYONE of significant challenge (including tonight's game against a mediocre at best Miami team).

Ditto!

I still think this team can get 6 wins, but if they do, it will be because of defense. Eventually, they're going to have to figure out how to get over 100 yards passing in a game because they're not likely to get 250 yards or more rushing in many Big Ten games.

Dr JeKill thought he had a passing qb and a change of pace qb. sound approach for middling squad...oops passer left and you have a kid who shold be a 3rd string TE in as qb. fkin 8 ball betwween the eyes. I like kill but that he was egotistical to think he could coach up mitcheroo was full on stupid.

Dr JeKill thought he had a passing qb and a change of pace qb. sound approach for middling squad...oops passer left and you have a kid who shold be a 3rd string TE in as qb. fkin 8 ball betwween the eyes. I like kill but that he was egotistical to think he could coach up mitcheroo was full on stupid.

WTF are you talking about. You totally babbled that comment.

Slightly worse on offense. Cobb is on the way to a special year despite a patchwork O-line. On the downside the QBs look like they might hit about 50% of their passes again when all is said and done - same as last year. I'm still hopeful we will see improvement as the season goes on and hopeful we can match the TD:INT ratio. If we can do that we should still win 3-4 Big Ten games with an outside shot at an Iowa and Michigan next week.

Based on what we've seen, can anyone argue there are any unwinnable games on our schedule right now? On the flipside, if our coaching remains "interesting" we could lose every game from here on out.

We've got a bye week coming up to help us get healed up. Michigan is in total disarray. I'm just praying they don't fire Hoke before next weekend. That always seems to spark teams.

Slightly worse on offense. Cobb is on the way to a special year despite a patchwork O-line. On the downside the QBs look like they might hit about 50% of their passes again when all is said and done - same as last year. I'm still hopeful we will see improvement as the season goes on and hopeful we can match the TD:INT ratio. If we can do that we should still win 3-4 Big Ten games with an outside shot at an Iowa and Michigan next week.

Based on what we've seen, can anyone argue there are any unwinnable games on our schedule right now? On the flipside, if our coaching remains "interesting" we could lose every game from here on out.

We've got a bye week coming up to help us get healed up. Michigan is in total disarray. I'm just praying they don't fire Hoke before next weekend. That always seems to spark teams.

Wisconsin will crush us.

Worse than I thought. Our defense is not as good as I had hoped. I can't believe how poor our offense is. Navy and Army can throw better then us and they recruit running QB's!! I am extremely disappointed in our offensively. We either have the wrong QB's on our roster for this offense or Kill and Limegrover are too one dimensional and hard headed. Take your pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Color me worried. Our offense is................putrid.....both scheme wise and qb wise......and going from bad to worse.

3-1, obviously, and a conference schedule that doesn't look nearly as daunting as it did a month ago.

The only thing that was significantly disappointing today, really, was the sloppy play. This was the sloppiest play I've seen from this team in quite a while. Bad penalties, bad penalties, and a couple of TO's at the goal line essentially.

Top Bottom