What grade would you give Chris Streveler in his first career start?

What grade for Streveler?

• A

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • B

Votes: 74 52.1%
  • C

Votes: 46 32.4%
  • D

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • F

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters

B+. Ran well. That is what they asked him to do.

I would go B. Still know next to nothing about him as a passer. Did a good job running the ball and didn't seem to make a lot of bad decisions. Needs to learn how not to take a hit at QB or he won't last long against Big Ten competition.

I gave him a C. Only because he had such a good game rushing. He'd get an A for running back and a F for passing. Clearly he's no better than Leidner.

I gave him a C. Only because he had such a good game rushing. He'd get an A for running back and a F for passing. Clearly he's no better than Leidner.

Disagree. He's a much more explosive runner than Leidner.

My grade as well. Timing on his throws could be clocked with a sundial.

His running was excellent, except that he needs to learn how to avoid hits or he'll have a short career.

Besides the one pick, did he have any other bad passes? I saw several or more where good receivers would have made receptions, including receptions for TDs. That said, obviously he wasn't very successful in the throwing part of the game, whatever effort was made there.

I can't give more than a C for a guy that completed as many passes to the other team as he did to our team. He had two okay looking passes, and the others were off the mark.

A more accurate grade would be "incomplete" or "not enough information". He executed the plan the coaching staff gave him, but he did nothing to inspire confidence that we will be able to move the ball against B10 defenses.

Besides the one pick, did he have any other bad passes? I saw several or more where good receivers would have made receptions, including receptions for TDs. That said, obviously he wasn't very successful in the throwing part of the game, whatever effort was made there.

I will agree that two incompletions were completely KJ Maye's fault. So maybe instead of an F, he deserves an incomplete. The coaches didn't trust him to pass much and obviously we didn't need to. That won't work at all next week.

Kid is going to get himself killed and we will be on our 3rd Q of the year by the end of the Michigan game if he keeps this up.

His running was excellent, except that he needs to learn how to avoid hits or he'll have a short career.

Besides the one pick, did he have any other bad passes? I saw several or more where great receivers would have made receptions, including receptions for TDs. That said, obviously he wasn't very successful in the throwing part of the game, whatever effort was made there.

That I'd agree with, but he also made a throw or two that could have been picked-off too didn't he? Looked damn good running the option though.

While Streveler's throws were not good, I view his throws more positive than Leidners. This is an incredibly sad statement but leidners throws are wobbly and slow. He also stares at his target forever. Strev makes the progression and needs to be more sure of himself and make decisions quicker. His throws were slow but it looked to me like he they were rounded off routes and slow decision making versus "terrible" throws. Sad state of affairs to me judging incompletions but that's how I see it. Man, he reads the DE well on read option though.

That I'd agree with, but he also made a throw or two that could have been picked-off too didn't he? Looked damn good running the option though.

I just want a guy like the WR dude from MTSU, he was frigging awesome. MTSU can get that kind of WR but the U cannot?

I just want a guy like the WR dude from MTSU, he was frigging awesome. MTSU can get that kind of WR but the U cannot?

He did look good.

You're asking why a Sun Belt/Conference USA team can get a kid in school and a Big Ten team couldn't? Admission standards and recruiting decisions maybe?

While Streveler's throws were not good, I view his throws more positive than Leidners. This is an incredibly sad statement but leidners throws are wobbly and slow. He also stares at his target forever. Strev makes the progression and needs to be more sure of himself and make decisions quicker. His throws were slow but it looked to me like he they were rounded off routes and slow decision making versus "terrible" throws. Sad state of affairs to me judging incompletions but that's how I see it. Man, he reads the DE well on read option though.

I think this nails it. His throws were basically late, not much more to it than that. I think that's easily fixed, but we'll see.

He had very few passing plays to run nor was it required. Silly to say he is no better than Leidner.

He did what he was asked. He did it pretty well. The dropped td pass was actually very well thrown. He Did have a few pretty poor looking passes however.

The real question is what grade would you give our O coordinator? (Of course one could say....why not run when you are getting 15 yards a crack?

Solid B+. Took everything the defense gave him. Don't forget Williams was not on the field.

Let's see how this offense will work vs. a Big10 defense. With little or no threat of a passing game, DC's will load the box and tee off on our running game. I realize it was his first career start, but please find a OC that can acclimate to some sort of a passing (maybe some screens to Cobb or Berkley) low risk, confidence builders.

Kid is going to get himself killed and we will be on our 3rd Q of the year by the end of the Michigan game if he keeps this up.

And Streveler won't last the season if he gets hit like he got hit today.

Why?

Based on?

Running backs do this game after game after game. Why is this different?

Why?

Based on?

Running backs do this game after game after game. Why is this different?

Simple! QB's are taller and run more straight up. RB's don't get hit the same.

Simple! QB's are taller and run more straight up. RB's don't get hit the same.

So RB get more blows to the head? Nope, no difference. The whole QB taking too many hits only applies to straight drop back QBs and the pros. Most college QBs are RBs. End of analysis.

Kill/Limey's offense needs two QB's. I think Streveler is the better rushing QB, even when Mitch is healthy. Strev is more dynamic as a runner, simple as that. He's VERY fast & he's just got a certain "it" factor. I think Mitch is the better passer & will continue to get better. He's even got the arm/look of an NFL QB. They both have to accept their roles & play as a tandem...for the next few years, and get better. What we can't have is one of them transferring out & then we start another Freshman when the other gets injured.

Kill was interviewed by Jamie Hirsch after the game. They aired it during the BTN's Final Drive. Kill said Streveler played well, except for the interception. He said, "But we'll take that one. We should have run it there." So 7 pass attempts was apparently one too many. I have a sneaking suspicion that Kill doesn't care one bit about how much fans and the media think they need to throw the ball.

Top Bottom