Detrimental to WR recruits?

Reaction score
Based off todays first half, along with what we have seen so far this year, do you think it is very detrimental to WR recruits looking at the U?

Based off todays first half, along with what we have seen so far this year, do you think it is very detrimental to WR recruits looking at the U?

Absolutely.

On the other hand, RB's and O-line probably love it.

If my son was a stud receiver, I would definitely discourage him from going to the U under these circumstances-and that really hurts to say.

It can be different. Immediate playing time is a possibility. Depends on how you look at it. You'll be manned up one on one all day. Some guys salivate at that

Will your stud play on Sunday?

If my son was a stud receiver, I would definitely discourage him from going to the U under these circumstances-and that really hurts to say.

It can be different. Immediate playing time is a possibility. Depends on how you look at it. You'll be manned up one on one all day. Some guys salivate at that

Immediate playing time...as a full-time blocker.

It may hurt WR recruiting, but if you look at our 2015 commits...the OL and RB's sure love it.

Good thing Kill got 3 good ones in the last class...may be a couple years before any others look at us.

Is it due to the QB or to WR play? Even with terrible QB play funny how AJ Barker and Derek Engel emerged. Right now this team doesn't have a QB who can throw or a WR who can get open. It works both ways.

I think it is actually beneficial to WR recruits.
Now they know not to come here.

We don't throw to our huge tight ends (they block a lot), our backs, or our receivers. If that doesn't change, we won't be winning in the West division.

Body language and effort today from Wolitarsky I would say it's a good bet he won't be back for his junior year with the squad. My guess is he'll head somewhere else where they throw the ball.

I don't think the Pop Warner scheme and the shot putters doing the throwing help entice WRs.

Do you guys really think we have no other receivers on the team that have "true receiver hands" and can go up and get a ball? Think again. And I'm not talking the freshman WR's.

Kill is loyal to his coaches and to players to a fault. You think there is no one better than freuchte or someone that has better hands the D. Jones and Wolitarsky?? Sometimes coaches promise things to players to get them to come to the school. Like "you will play your first year". Even though they may not be the best at their position and of course the coach has to play them to prove a point since they recruited them so hard.

Maybe the coaches don't recognize the talent (i.e. D Cobb was third string until last year).

How was the passing game at NIU during Kill's tenure?

Do you guys really think we have no other receivers on the team that have "true receiver hands" and can go up and get a ball? Think again. And I'm not talking the freshman WR's.

Kill is loyal to his coaches and to players to a fault. You think there is no one better than freuchte or someone that has better hands the D. Jones and Wolitarsky?? Sometimes coaches promise things to players to get them to come to the school. Like "you will play your first year". Even though they may not be the best at their position and of course the coach has to play them to prove a point since they recruited them so hard.

Maybe the coaches don't recognize the talent (i.e. D Cobb was third string until last year).

So your argument is that our current WRs are playing for unknown reasons and they could be replaced with success, but the coaches refuse?

It was one game with a back up redshirt freshman QB making his first ever college start. Calm down already.

I gave you reasons. Can you explain freuchte being first string or playing D Jones rather than a "true receiver"?
So your argument is that our current WRs are playing for unknown reasons and they could be replaced with success, but the coaches refuse?

Kill's NIU teams threw more than 300 passes in 2 of the 3 seasons Kill coached there. Of course, Harnish was the QB and he was a solid dual-threat guy.

But let's remember, that's the MAC. Totally different brand of ball.

Top Bottom