Rutgers AD Julie Hermann made crude Sandusky remark in staff meeting

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per NJ.com:

Multiple people interviewed by NJ Advance Media -- who would speak only on the condition of anonymity because they feared retribution -- said Hermann was talking about "reaching out and touching the donors" of the program and her punchline was to not do it "in a Sandusky way."

"Everyone looked at each other and said, 'Say what?'" said a Rutgers official at the meeting.

According to a second Rutgers employee, Hermann told her staff they are "all ambassadors for Rutgers. We have to reach out to our donors, fans, everyone, and we need to touch them. Not in a Jerry Sandusky-type way."

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...sky_remark_in_staff_meeting_sources_said.html

Go Gophers!!

Look out! here comes the PC police!!!
Bad joke said by a bad person, why is this news?
I am very concerned how we have lost the ability to take a joke anymore. Laughter is apart of the healing process.

I am very concerned how we have lost the ability to take a joke anymore. Laughter is apart of the healing process.

First off I agree that things get taken too seriously these days and I am all for humor and cracking jokes. That being said I don't think there is any situation right now where a Sandusky joke would be funny or appropriate given what he did. You would think the AD at a university would be smarter then that.

There are bad jokes.......and then there are blurbs like this that show how stupid some people are.......especially for people in that position.

It's all context, that's funny in a bar or in your driveway talking with the neighbor. Private staff meeting its a little inappropriate but depends on the crowd, not really a big deal. If this was being taped and broadcast, no good.

My neighbor has a pair of game worn receiver gloves from AP. I am still in trouble because I asked him if they had any tree sap on them. We both thought it was funny, another neighbor who was there didn't see the humor.

Frankly, I might have laughed right off my chair seat watching all the jaws go slack. I think she clarified 'touching' in a very clear manner. We are becoming more and more the tattle tale culture. What! Are we all 5 years old?

per NJ.com:

Multiple people interviewed by NJ Advance Media -- who would speak only on the condition of anonymity because they feared retribution -- said Hermann was talking about "reaching out and touching the donors" of the program and her punchline was to not do it "in a Sandusky way."

"Everyone looked at each other and said, 'Say what?'" said a Rutgers official at the meeting.

According to a second Rutgers employee, Hermann told her staff they are "all ambassadors for Rutgers. We have to reach out to our donors, fans, everyone, and we need to touch them. Not in a Jerry Sandusky-type way."

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...sky_remark_in_staff_meeting_sources_said.html

Go Gophers!!

I agree that this is a PC police overreaction to a totally insensitive, inappropriate and tasteless comment. But given the history at RU this is par for the course. LOL at the fear of retribution comment. What could be worse than working at Rutgers? Or living in New Brunswick?

I agree that this is a PC police overreaction to a totally insensitive, inappropriate and tasteless comment. But given the history at RU this is par for the course. LOL at the fear of retribution comment. What could be worse than working at Rutgers? Or living in New Brunswick?

What could be worse? Listening to tiny and believing kelly.

Locker room humor doesn't work outside the locker room? Who would have thought? But if you haven't ever put your foot in your mouth you aren't trying hard enough.

It's dumb, but you're an athletic director at a Big Ten university, maybe hold back on the pedophile jokes.

If J&J would just open their pockets and renovate the whole town! New Brunswick sucks.

If a man had said that, people would be clamoring for his resignation

Top Bottom