Kansas State's Bill Snyder: Auburn had our signals

BleedGopher

Reaction score

per ESPN:

Kansas State switched up its offensive signals Thursday night because coach Bill Snyder believed Auburn was stealing signs.

"They're getting our signals," Snyder told ESPN sideline reporter Samantha Ponder, adding that the Wildcats changed up some of their signals during halftime.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...-snyder-accuses-auburn-tigers-signal-stealing

Go Gophers!!

Too bad they didn't steal the "miss the field goal" sign K State used three times and the "drop the sure touchdown pass" signal.

Have never understood what the big deal is about stealing signs, whether it's football, baseball, etc. It's part of the game. If the opposing team can figure out your signs -- i.e. the O- or D-coordinator's signals, the pitcher/catcher pitch selection, 3rd base coach, etc. -- that's your problem, not theirs.

Have never understood what the big deal is about stealing signs, whether it's football, baseball, etc. It's part of the game. If the opposing team can figure out your signs -- i.e. the O- or D-coordinator's signals, the pitcher/catcher pitch selection, 3rd base coach, etc. -- that's your problem, not theirs.

Exactly. That's why you have signs, and don't just hold up a diagram of the play you are going to run while trusting that the other team doesn't look at it. Make better signs, if you do it right, the other team shouldn't be able to figure it out.

Totally agree, as long as they are not doing anything illegal to steal the signs (ie NE Patriots) I really don't understand why coaches would get upset about this. If you can figure out what the other team's signs it is on them to come up with a better system.

Agreed! Although, I have been a pretty big fan of Coach Synder, this comment from him puzzles me. Its not the opposing teams fault that they are able to steal your simple signals. It is part of the game. If you don't like it, change them.

If stealing signals is part of the game, then it should also be okay to mention that it's happening, just like poor tackling, great blocking or subpar special teams. Don't know why Snyder shouldn't talk about it if it's happening and he's so inclined.

They stole our signs. :cry:

MnDot should adopt that slogan.

How many series did it take, Coach? Did you realize this in the first quarter? Do have the ability to change signals on the bench? Do you have a signal or signals to change to the second series? Do you also have a third and fourth set of signals? Deflecting your inability to change signals to the opponent is failure to prepare, its sour grapes.

Agree, no sense complaining about it.

I find this an interesting topic. Firmly affixing my tinfoil pointy hat,when we consider the millions at stake in modern college and NFL. Football that could be a a pretty nice incentive to sniff out an opposing team's game plan and signals by any and all means necessary.

Considering the scale of industrial espionage, electronic eavesdropping/miniature cameras and mics/drones and the vulnerability of university networks to hackers is it really that incredible to believe that certain coaches might try to gain any advantage available to them?

Maybe Snyder will build a Faraday cage in the meeting rooms and change his network password from 12345.

I've only seen one game where it seemed like one team knew exactly what play was coming every time. The Yikes/Giants NFC Championship game at the Meadowlands, I believe it was the 2001 season.. It was such a complete demolition, 41-zip, I remember thinking they absolutely had to know the play calls. Uncanny.

Top Bottom