Nate Sandell: Gophers are one of only 5 teams in FBS without a made FG this season

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sandell:

--Minnesota is one of only five teams in the FBS without a made field goal this season. Gophers kicker Ryan Santoso's sole attempt was a miss from 44 yards out against Middle Tennessee State. Santoso, a redshirt freshman who has been highly touted for his powerful leg, could certainly use a few more attempts before Big Ten play kicks into gear.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/...pass_protection_with_or_without_Leidner091814

Go Gophers!!

per Sandell:

--Minnesota is one of only five teams in the FBS without a made field goal this season. Gophers kicker Ryan Santoso's sole attempt was a miss from 44 yards out against Middle Tennessee State. Santoso, a redshirt freshman who has been highly touted for his powerful leg, could certainly use a few more attempts before Big Ten play kicks into gear.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/...pass_protection_with_or_without_Leidner091814

Go Gophers!!

That FG ATT against MTSU was a bad miss for a guy who can kick the ball a mile. Could've been a bad snap/hold. Wasn't it windy that day also?

That FG ATT against MTSU was a bad miss for a guy who can kick the ball a mile. Could've been a bad snap/hold. Wasn't it windy that day also?

Can't remember the conditions on the kick but I would like to see him get a chance or two on Saturday because his ability on FG is still a bit of an unknown at this point. He has been awesome on Kickoffs and hasn't missed any extra points but would be nice to know if he can be counted on to drill that clutch field goal with time running out to win the game.

Can't remember the conditions on the kick but I would like to see him get a chance or two on Saturday because his ability on FG is still a bit of an unknown at this point. He has been awesome on Kickoffs and hasn't missed any extra points but would be nice to know if he can be counted on to drill that clutch field goal with time running out to win the game.

I personally hope we don't find that out this weekend.

I don't remember it being THAT bad of a kick, but from what I saw, it was likely just a case of nerves, which is understandable for your first ever collegiate FG attempt.

For that distance, with his leg, it looked to be relatively short; that, combined with the miss to the right, and it had a lot of spin, would lead me to believe he made kind of a tentative pass at the ball. Almost all misses to the right (for a righty) are from not making a full aggressive pass at the ball. If I recall, it was slightly into the wind too.

I think his future is sky high. Watching all of his kicks, he kicks the ball effortlessly, doesn't hook the ball (which can be pretty typical for someone who played a lot of soccer), and obviously he has a lot of power. Once he convinces himself that he's one of the best in the country, he will be.

Here's hoping he gets a few attempts tomorrow. I would really rather his next meaningful kick was not in the Big House.

Hope if we're up 20 and there's even a remote chance at a fg, they run him out there bc that whole unit needs practice. As we saw last night, those fgs can cost you a game

I personally hope we don't find that out this weekend.

Should have been more clear. I hope we don't get to find out about the game winning FG this weekend but would like to know how reliable he is going to be so that when the time comes during a Big Ten game where we need him to make the field goal to win the game we know he can do it. For this weekend would love to see him get a few low pressure opportunities during a comfortable victory.

Should have been more clear. I hope we don't get to find out about the game winning FG this weekend but would like to know how reliable he is going to be so that when the time comes during a Big Ten game where we need him to make the field goal to win the game we know he can do it. For this weekend would love to see him get a few low pressure opportunities during a comfortable victory.

Haha I knew what you were getting at, just messin with ya!

Top Bottom