Dickinson County News: Spirit Lake alum Cody Poock eyes return to field

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Dickinson County News:

Just recently, Poock was cleared for full contact and saw the impact of his studying immediately.

"That has been the big emphasis for me during fall camp," he said. "I need to get my mind in the playbook more so I know what everyone is doing on the field, not just my responsibility. I was just thinking to myself the other day in practice; we were going live and I just felt the game slow down for me. I wasn't thinking as much when the calls came in, I was just reacting. When the game slows down and you stop thinking, that's when you can make explosive plays."

It's still up in the air whether Poock will return this season -- if he's not ready to go by the start of the B1G schedule on Sept. 27 against Michigan, he will likely redshirt -- but he insists his focus hasn't changed.

"I've had the mindset since the day I was injured that I was going to come back and be the guy," he said. "That process has been tough, not knowing whether I will redshirt or not. I'm on the scout team right now trying to work my way back up. Nothing is given to you, so you've got to earn your way back to the spot."

So, Poock continues to put in the work.

http://www.dickinsoncountynews.com/story/2119993.html

Go Gophers!!

Can't help but root for these guys that spend months rehabbing to get back out there

Really sounds like a nice kid. I certainly hope he's able to contribute. Great story. Pretty cool high school football coach too!!!

we definitely could use a goldi locks out there. love the mane.

I have always been high on this guy just like how he fills his gaps all the time

per the Dickinson County News:

Just recently, Poock was cleared for full contact and saw the impact of his studying immediately.

"That has been the big emphasis for me during fall camp," he said. "I need to get my mind in the playbook more so I know what everyone is doing on the field, not just my responsibility. I was just thinking to myself the other day in practice; we were going live and I just felt the game slow down for me. I wasn't thinking as much when the calls came in, I was just reacting. When the game slows down and you stop thinking, that's when you can make explosive plays."

It's still up in the air whether Poock will return this season -- if he's not ready to go by the start of the B1G schedule on Sept. 27 against Michigan, he will likely redshirt -- but he insists his focus hasn't changed.

"I've had the mindset since the day I was injured that I was going to come back and be the guy," he said. "That process has been tough, not knowing whether I will redshirt or not. I'm on the scout team right now trying to work my way back up. Nothing is given to you, so you've got to earn your way back to the spot."

So, Poock continues to put in the work.

http://www.dickinsoncountynews.com/story/2119993.html

Hope we get Poock back even if it is on just special teams tomorrow or for sure against Michigan. The guy fills his gaps and makes plays, and you seldom see this guy make a mistake or try to play somebody else's guy. This guy recognizes his assisgnment plays his man, your not going to see a blown coverage or this guy leaving someone else out to dry because he was trying to play someone else's responsibility. That and he runs well enough to hang with the likes of Wilson or Campbell and Lynn, Poock is deceptively quick football fast if you will. Not saying he should play over those guys but if given the chance the Poock kid is going to make plays.

And to think, I get the Dickenson county news every week on my step, for free & I've just been using it to collect hair when I cut my hair & trim my beard... Who knew I could get gopher news!!?? Lol

Top Bottom